• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Deposit down!

Polished metal for me! Pretty sure I've seen the cars include carpets for the Americans

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Car is impressive in the metal. But big ! Length is where it stands out vs the older Type R's
The interior is nice, as a drivers car.

Seat bolsters are reasonably flexible as opposed to the stiffer ones on the FK2.

Nice touches are the different driving modes now, Comfort, Sport, +R.
The ride in +R mode is much more tolerable.

After a brief test drive in a Black Edition FK2 Type R my wife put a deposit down in early June for a FK8, GT, Sonic Grey.

Hopefully only a few more weeks to wait now.

After a brief test drive in a Black Edition FK2 Type R my wife put a deposit down in early June for a FK8, GT, Sonic Grey.

Hopefully only a few more weeks to wait now.

Just had a look at one of those -

a5a05a62baf540fc9aae28cfb4db9d8e.jpg
4167b601e2beb02e326b15758bab6be6.jpg
ff059d1702872931ea2d98675e74ebde.jpg

I think they look great in Sonic Grey, thanks for the pics. Quite similar to the wife's previous Campovolgo Grey Abarth 500 which she still hasn't forgiven me for selling!

The dealership was mildly horrified when I called it the "flat grey colour"

Car is impressive in the metal. But big ! Length is where it stands out vs the older Type R's

I think I said a few pages back about the length, how it was only 30cm shorter than the (at the time) current Accord. Lovely performance but way too big for a hatch.

Unfortunately that's the way these days, if they're made smaller then they'll lose out on reviews on the mainstream model to competitors. I remember being in Jack's Fiesta at JAE one year and I thought that it's the same size as my mates mk1 Focus.

Sad part is how hard it's getting to find a truly performant hot hatch now (or even just small but high perforrmance car). Fiesta ST, UP! GTi, Abarth 500, MX5 etc. Are all quite good but not quite at the same level of where things used to be. Anway, OT, sorry.

Abarth 500

I want my mrs to hurry up and pass her test so she can buy one of these, I really want to have a go in one. :oops: :lol:

They sound mega, there's one near her flat that I love the noise of.

I want my mrs to hurry up and pass her test so she can buy one of these, I really want to have a go in one. :oops: :lol:

There's a yellow one that passes me on occasion when I'm walking to the train station in the mornings. Sounds amusing. A co-worker hired one a while back for a laugh, said it's like driving a go-kart.

Really? The friends mrs had one and they sound awful stationary, even heard one with the miltek on and sounded really farty.
They sound almost like a diesel when stock, well from what I have experienced.
Not been out in one though

Really? The friends mrs had one and they sound awful stationary, even heard one with the miltek on and sounded really farty.
They sound almost like a diesel when stock, well from what I have experienced.
Not been out in one though

There's a red one around here and it's got a lovely deep growl to it. No idea if it's a stock exhaust, decat, or something else but I like the noise it makes.

My wife ran a standard Abarth 500 for 6.5yrs and c40k miles. For a 4cyl turbo they sound great, almost an air cooled noise at tickover with a few pops and bangs at gearchange if you came off the throttle at full boost and the right rpm (not the engineered bangs most modern stuff now seems to have).

Dynamically flawed, poor seating position, terrible suspension but we absolutely loved it. They have so much character and are great fun. They are also surprisingly practical - we toured europe for 2 weeks, went skiing etc

A mini would be a far better drive but doesn't have the character of the A500.

It's actually parked near my girlfriends flat.

85204ddcdbbbd169520667517ce4cd1a.jpg

1f21fab78477502d6b69fec184c2c1ba.jpg

3ee48ce9eb6166796fc1b8482b8d9d54.jpg

Some sort of special edition?

That's the Abarth 595, not a special edition as such (beyond that it's an Abarth) as far as I can tell.

EDIT: Typo. Front's not aggressive looking enough for it to be the Trofeo I suppose - http://www.abarthcars.co.uk/595-trofeo - though maybe that wasn't as pronounced in the earlier versions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back