• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Ebay Induction kits

Hello
Has anyone tried the cheap kits of ebay they are 39.99 and LOOK exactly the same as the K&N typhoon. I know that the K&N is not the best but on very tight buget with 74000 servise, new pads all round and spark plugs to come all in the next couple of months, O and crimbo, anyway they look alright just wonderd if anyone had treid them.
thanks

How can one justify to spend good money on a good car & then be tight with your money & bolt on bits of junk that do nothing to boost your performance? If you're 17 with a shed then fine do it.

If all you are looking for is a bit of noise then I don't see the problem.

I would rather sniff Jermal's knob cheese then have one myself though.......

I would rather sniff Jermal's knob cheese then have one myself though.......

How dare you! I was circumcised as a child. There will be no knob cheese here.

Incidentally, the only piece of cheap crap I would put on my DC5 is one of LeeH's earthing kits. :lol:

How dare you! I was circumcised as a child. There will be no knob cheese here.

Incidentally, the only piece of cheap crap I would put on my DC5 is one of LeeH's earthing kits. :lol:
LOL ! We should have a circumcision poll !!!! Round heads FTW!

ok, got the meassage. going to make a credit card spunk on the AEM, How bad is the hydrolock problem, getting the hydro gaurd thing with it, does this help alot or a wast of time.

o and im still hooded up

ok, got the meassage. going to make a credit card spunk on the AEM, How bad is the hydrolock problem, getting the hydro gaurd thing with it, does this help alot or a wast of time.

o and im still hooded up
The Johnny helps a bit but won't protect from deep water. I had The Injen CAI & loved it. It's probably too close to get circed for christmas now but get it done as a gesture for your lass maybe?

TGM are doing a good deal on the AEM at the mo. Had one fitted today picking it up tomorrow. It's my Christmas present to myself that and a new ps3. We all agreed as some where skint to only spend £10 a head so that freed up a load of cash to spend on me, result.

Despite what people say about 'unbranded' upgrades, most are essentially the same as the more expensive counterparts. With most cheap induction kits its the cheaper 'K&N style' cotton filters which can be an issue, as you can't really rely on them for being as effective at filtration as an original K&N or another quality filter. In terms of the actual piping - well piping is piping, no matter what logo is stamped into it. IMO there's a lot of brand-whorage these days - if you can't stretch to buying a £250 intake, there's no reason why you couldn't buy a cheaper intake and stick a better filter on there. Maybe even play around with different set-ups by altering the length and setup of the ram pipe.

I had an AEM V2 fitted and even though AEM is a well-known brand, it didn't fit very well as it fouled the steering rack at full lock, was made out of Mild Steel (bad for retaining heat), the rubber on the filter started to degrade and crack, and on top of that I reckon I was losing power with it. The only benefit I think it ever gave was that it made a nice throaty sound in VTEC. Not worth the trade-offs IMO. I have a custom setup now which sounds even better than the V2, doesn't suffer from heatsoak and definitely makes the car drive better in general.

if you can afford it it is certainly worthwhile investing in a gruppem second hand. you never actually "buy" a gruppem, its like investing in an antique, or a saudi oil company. you buy it for £350 or £375, then when you come to sell it even though it is older and more dirty it still is worth more money than you paid for it. i think the only appreciating asset when it comes to car modification.

if you can afford it it is certainly worthwhile investing in a gruppem second hand. you never actually "buy" a gruppem, its like investing in an antique, or a saudi oil company. you buy it for £350 or £375, then when you come to sell it even though it is older and more dirty it still is worth more money than you paid for it. i think the only appreciating asset when it comes to car modification.

Very good point, GruppeM's seem to sell themselves even after a fair bit of use. I'm sure people have often spoke of it before, but I can't believe nobody has ever designed something similar for less cash. I don't think anybody will be able to make a truely comparable product though, the carbon does look top notch. So I guess if somebody did copy it, they wouldn't retain as much value 2nd hand either...

I have always wondered though, don't the filters on GMs need replacing/cleaning quite often? They must accumulate all sorts of crap after a while. The only reason I mention it is because I was stuck behind a big lorry last night and it was covering my car in **** even though I was trying to hang back a couple hundred metres or so. T'is one thing I really hate about winter driving.

Back