• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Ek9 Type R's Slow?

Why do the youtube videos of the ek9s speedo videos come across as slow? The clock goes up to 185 km/h which is 115 mph and its pushin hard to get off the clock, i thot they went up 2 the 140 mph area, iv been in a jordan doin that and it got there much more convincingly, i thot the b16b engines would rape the jordan but now im having doubts! i was looking to buy the facelift ek9 but kinda gettin put off by the top end! Feedback would be appreciated;)

What vid is yours? I never knew they were restricted, i know f-a about civics, there quick up 2 the 100 mark

all cars are limited to 112 mph in japan due to laws.

Some cars come over here with them still on but can hit over 170.

My turbo is still limited to 112 and it's JDM yo.

The only things i've changed is the tyres and lubricants and normal parts.

Ye i c, ud think they would restrict to sumthin a bit higher than that tho, can the restricter b taken off?

112 isn't exactly slow either. It's how you get their that counts. If you want to be doing 140+, you need your own runway, otherwise your going to end up getting nicked!

Hi Ramone,

The restricter of course can be taken off, can you imagine all the high powered Japanese drag cars at Santa Pod limited to 112 mph when they usually have a top speed of 200mph +.

The thing is, do you really need to go over 100mph unless in an emergency when you friend or a member lives far away and you need to be there fast?

Also, I apologise in advance if you have a problem with writing but please if at all possible communicate better by actually writing the words out in a sentence please. It just makes things easier to read, other than that this forum is here to help.

Yeah i know what you are sayin about it not being slow, but im still on my first car and all im sayin is that its got a low litre badge on it, and im kind of gettin called 'captain slow' so im just wanting to lose that title hahaha

I believe that 99% of the fun and 'ethos' of the EK9 Type-R does *not* lie in its Vmax capability! :lol: They certainly aren't slow by any means IMHO either. I've never had the pleasure of driving one but Jesus H. Christ it was fun being a passenger in one! :lol:

I reckon EK9 would run out of puff past about 120 anyway, its only a 1.6 remember.

Yeah i know what you are sayin about it not being slow, but im still on my first car and all im sayin is that its got a low litre badge on it, and im kind of gettin called 'captain slow' so im just wanting to lose that title hahaha
I'm guessing then that the people who are calling you slow will be in a similar situation to you (first cars that is). What have you got to contend with to not be classed as slow?

Fact is, you will not be classed as slow in an EK9 and you will also certainly have some class in an EK9. Not many of them about in the UK, compared with other cars (EP3 especially).

Nippy little feckers, as quick as the ep3 in a striahgt line and much more fun round the corners :twisted:

Your right Hasnic, with two people they do struggle a lil mainly due to the lower torque (112 rings a bell where the dc2 is like 138)

DC2 seem to pull away once in 2nd gear maybe a car lenth or two, as least that what i thought riding in one back from a reading meet inconvoy with three other DC2's (JDM + UK)

but bolt the 1.8 bottom end on an EK9 and i bet the tables would be turned:twisted:

Your right Hasnic, with two people they do struggle a lil mainly due to the lower torque (112 rings a bell where the dc2 is like 138)

DC2 seem to pull away once in 2nd gear maybe a car lenth or two, as least that what i thought riding in one back from a reading meet inconvoy with three other DC2's (JDM + UK)

but bolt the 1.8 bottom end on an EK9 and i bet the tables would be turned:twisted:

Yeah you're right, the EK9 is screaming out for the B18, i'd says it's better chassis than the dc2, well more lively anyway:cool:

Any little car with a B18 in would be good fun, EK9 would be class though :cool:

There was a mk1 golf with a B18 in on ebay a while back :cool: :cool: :cool:

I met an CW EK9 this afternoon on the way to my piano lesson. It was nipping in and out of the traffic very nicely. Properly driven, it is an admirable car to see.

Major props off me. 8)

Does anybody know of the UK EK9 owners site? ek9.org does not seem to be that big at all...

Does anybody know of the UK EK9 owners site? ek9.org does not seem to be that big at all...
If you find one, let me know - eknine.com / ek9.cc is the only one i've joined - which Livvy moderates.

Love my EK9 & it's certainly not slow :twisted:. One of the main reasons i bought it instead of another EP3 was due to it's rareity (I even see too many DC5's now).

The only downside with mine is that it's not really suitable for my weekly commute, so I'm looking for something else for the 600 mile round trip.

Back