• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

ep3 track/road car build

I can see your logic behind it, the handling will be massively helped by it, and if it gets trashed it costs peanuts to make a replacement. But it all seems a bit Blue Peter sticky back plastic and Sellotape. Maybe use the ply as a template and produce a lightweight Fibreglass version. I know you're doing this on a budget, and I do appreciate that, but to some it may be just a bit too backyard special. BTW, I don't mean any offence by what I'm saying, just trying to open up other options or maybe plant a seed of an idea for you ;)

believe me when this is finished and painted black you will never know what its made from..it really is the best and stongest apart from carbon fibre..money isnt the issue here but what works best..

1" bonnet lifters fitted..not as straight forward as i thought but they are on now.
2013-01-03191229.jpg

2013-01-03191250.jpg

Actually not.

The trailing edge of the bonnet is a high air pressure area, so you'd actually be restricting hot air leaving the bay at speed by raising it up. Hot air leaves the bay from the underside where low pressure helps to pull it out.

This is why automotive ventilation systems draw air from around the bulkhead area under the bonnet. The high pressure forces air in to the ventilation system.

Otherwise, air would be sucked out of the car, not forced in as it is. ;)

So in short, a pointless modification.

i have plans to put 2 air intake vents like the small vent on an evo bonnet....will this not make a circle of air going in the vent and out the edge of the bonnet?

rite so..looks like im going to make a custom intake accross the bonnet to feed cold air in, ill pipe id onto the filter..:)

Chuck Norris looks good pal. I've just bought a type r and plan to turn it into firstly a road rally car, then get it upto to Clubman stage rallying standard.
Any ideas where the best place to get a roll cage for car is. Only want a bolt in either Sparco or OMP as funds are tight and just want to get out rallying. Just been to demon tweaks and got a price of £520 which is ok but they weren't very helpful and don't want to give my hard earned cash to people that can't be bothered with you so any help very gladly taken.

Cheers guys

Depends what sort of cage you want but the guy who does them for a lot of the vtec challenge lads is very good. Speak to Kingy on here if you want his contact details. It would be welded though as far as Im aware although he maybe able to make you something else up.

uk is abit pricy to Ireland but if you plan to do events with the car they may want weld in cages only..i got mine made but an omp cage here is €500 bolt in..

Cheers all will look into it, will add pictures of the build too. Also read on a few forums the ep3 have problem with there handbrakes. Mine seems to be very rubbish (p.c. Answer) tried tightening the cables, taken off calipers cleaned and replaced seals. Currently have discs and pads on order. If this doesnt work anyone have any ideas? Or does anyone else seem to have this problem?

Yeah was looking into that, so you get hydraulic handbrake upright or 90 degree. Then what get rid of cables and run hoses to the calipers? Sorry am new at all this so apologies for the stupid questions

Looks sweet so far i'm not sure on the extra spoiler on top of the OEM one though :) Some brilliant ideas so far.

Back