• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Exhaust guide

Yeah fair enough, you don't want to go upsetting them, best way to see if it would annoy the neighbors then is to wait until you have a day off take it out and then start the car from cold and you can judge whether it's too loud or not especially if you sit there letting it warm up for 5 minutes.

I think I had the same problem as you but I can't remember whether I ended up adding the pictures on my laptop in the end or if I remember correctly I had to wait for my account to be verified by admin(I think but I could be talking rubbish and be on about something else)

Yeah fair enough, you don't want to go upsetting them, best way to see if it would annoy the neighbors then is to wait until you have a day off take it out and then start the car from cold and you can judge whether it's too loud or not especially if you sit there letting it warm up for 5 minutes.

I think I had the same problem as you but I can't remember whether I ended up adding the pictures on my laptop in the end or if I remember correctly I had to wait for my account to be verified by admin(I think but I could be talking rubbish and be on about something else)
Again cheers for the reply, appreciate that. No don't think you're talking rubbish at all. I shouldn't be lazy and like you, did think maybe I should fire the laptop up and try it on there. I do as is best on first initial start up, sit there and let the car warm up for a few minutes, or at least come off of fast idle. Need a fair bit of time to sort this adding pictures thing out.
Speak soon maybe, cheers.

You are better off letting the car warm up by driving it under low load/rpm, warms up better and alloys oil to circulate better than standing still

You are better off letting the car warm up by driving it under low load/rpm, warms up better and alloys oil to circulate better than standing still
Not sitting there that long of course, only until the car comes off of fast idle and even then when i drive off i dont normally take it much above 2500/3000rpm until properly warmed up;), cheers.

That looks good, how loud is it compared to the OEM system?
Cheers Jo5h. Mega impressed tbh, bit louder on initial start up, but once settles down not much louder than OEM.
Does become a slightly different animal when you open her up and hitting the vtec.
Take it you're in the market for an exhaust or thinking about it at least. Cheers.

Cheers Jo5h. Mega impressed tbh, bit louder on initial start up, but once settles down not much louder than OEM.
Does become a slightly different animal when you open her up and hitting the vtec.
Take it you're in the market for an exhaust or thinking about it at least. Cheers.

Cool, interesting to hear. I have been considering it, had a N1 rep backbox before and it was to loud, been looking at all sorts of videos recently but can't really tell through speakers what they are like fully.

No worries, know what you mean. Take it you don't like loud at all then?. Reason I ask is I have a complete mint, only done 100 mile Mongoose cat back system, great quality, but is fairly loud not going to lie, this is for sale at a real good price if you know anyone?.

Yeah thought I better while the engine is clean haha, won't look like that often.

Not a massive fan of loud, it wasn't the level of noise but it was very deep and "boomy". :) No-one else I know has an EP3 so can't ask them about the Mongoose for you unfortunately.

Yeah thought I better while the engine is clean haha, won't look like that often.

Not a massive fan of loud, it wasn't the level of noise but it was very deep and "boomy". :) No-one else I know has an EP3 so can't ask them about the Mongoose for you unfortunately.
Looks good and yeah probably won't stay that way for long!. Cheers anyway's with regards to the Mongoose.

update:::::::: Mongoose sold, top bloke came all the way from Leicestershire to collect. Loads of interest in it, lot of time wasters as usual!!. Anyway's, cheers and all the best.

Hi everyone. Not sure if this is the right place on the fourm. But I'm after a new exhaust as my car has a rather bodged non make back box welded to the standard pipe (not by me I've only had the car a month) I'm after something that looks nice and sounds good want it a bit raspy and one that pops and gurgles when letting off but also not stupidly loud to any the neighbours. I quite like the look of the Toda ones. Any advice or help would be appreciated.

Second that!, nice choice if you can find/ get hold of one, can you??.
Running a HKS catback myself and absolutely love it.

Hi everyone. Not sure if this is the right place on the fourm. But I'm after a new exhaust as my car has a rather bodged non make back box welded to the standard pipe (not by me I've only had the car a month) I'm after something that looks nice and sounds good want it a bit raspy and one that pops and gurgles when letting off but also not stupidly loud to any the neighbours. I quite like the look of the Toda ones. Any advice or help would be appreciated.
I also really like the look of the Toda one, but didn't want a copy of one and they are quite expensive!, but if money's not an issue then ummmmmm, love the tailpipe look on those.

Back