• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

.: Faith's Satin Silver Type R - Rare ARC Goodie Added 6/7 :.

Loosen the brake & clutch reservoirs, so that they are loosely hanging - this will give you the play you need to remove the cam cover at that corner.

Undo the plug cover, un-clip and un-screw all coilpacks and retaining bolts that hold the leads. Move these out of the way...

Slip off ARC breather hose.

Undo all bolts that fix the cam-cover to the head. It should lift off with a bit of force. If not take a thin knife and run it under the joins to cut/dislodge any gasket seal.

Lift off and replace.

What mileage have you done? As you may need a new gasket, depending on it's confition. If it's okay you can re-use your existing one. Apply some liquid gasket to all 4 corners you should see where it has been applied on the existing gasket. Then fit the cover ensuring that the gasket hasn't been breached etc. (make sure it's in the dedicated groove).

Replace everything in reverse order.

Job done :D

Thanks bud, thats a great help!

Do the bolts on the top of the camcover need to be torqued to a certain NM? Or do i tighten them as much as i can?

The mileage is just short of 99k :(

Ady.

Yeah, they will need to be torqued to a specific NM. I'm not sure what that NM is - I tightened mine firmly, but didn't over-tighten (very important) as they have the propensity to snap.

As tight as they'll go, but don't overtighten if you don't know what the exact figure is. I'll see if I can dig it out (I have this stuff printed, somewhere... Sadly LOL)

Also watch out for the rubber bushes beneath the cam-cover dome nuts and domes - they are wedged down so a flat-head screw driver to persuade them off works well - but be careful that they don't fly off and get lost in the bay as you can't drive the car without these. Well you can; savage oil leaks and a messy bay is certain though.

I would possibly consider a new gasket bro... It's cheap enough - but if there's ^no problem with yours, then the choice is yours.

:)

Don't they just? :rolleyes: F*ckers :lol:

One of mine did when swapping mine over and the successive parts and labour from Honda was just over £200, so don't make a mistake ha!

No pressure. ;)

I've got some serious doubts about doing this now!

I know what my luck is like!:smt105

To be fair the one that snapped was really weak, it hadn't even made a full rotation and it sheared, so just bad luck really. HTH. ;)

Cheers guys, going to borrow a torque wrench from work to be on the safe side.

Just ordered up a new gasket incase current one requires replacing and some shiny red nuts.

Joe - The correct colour did turn out to be Bmw Sepang bronze in the end :confused:

Ady.

Howdody people.

Managed to get the camcover fitted today in between the odd rain shower we kept having. Much easier than i thought actually (cheers Sun & Karl for the tips) and very pleased with how it tidy's up the engine bay as old cover looked a right mess.

On with the photos :D

5850100708_7db50d8a7a_b.jpg

Old Vs New
5850101464_56617d3a6a_b.jpg

5850103008_1acb00a73e_b.jpg

5849549001_e39c69ccf7_b.jpg

5849550455_22acda22e0_b.jpg

5849552783_53129bfdfc_b.jpg

Ady.

I cant believe that is the same colour as joe's sick coloured oem's, they must of mixed the paint wrong:eek:

looks stunning mate.........:cool:

....who's gonna be the first to try this colour on there oem's then??

Evening,

Just a small update with my latest purchase. Although quite a rare one if i do say so myself...an ARC spark plug cover :woot::smt118

This really took me some time and effort to source,not to mention its a brand new too :D

But well worth it IMO.

5909480619_f73ce36cf0_b.jpg

5909482393_f95823ab94_b.jpg

5909481107_149f62978b_b.jpg

5910040788_42303b019c_b.jpg

I'm going to replace the top 2 red nuts with Honda Originals as the Tegishite ones are awful quality, paint falls off as soon as you tighten them up.

Ady.

ARC cover looks very smart, goes very well with the rest of the bay.

TypeRiter will be super jealous.

Bet it was £££ though.

Back