• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

first mods on a EP3

Danger200

looking at getting an EP3 very soon.
just wondered what order i should get my mods, i want to do exhaust (manifold back), wheels, induction and suspension.

also its a bit of a grey area when it comes to jap cars as im leaving the ford scene. B pipes, headers, spoon n1's....it's very confusing. im used to manifold, centre section, mongoose etc lol

sorry im a noob

If you're talking about EP3's a lot are renowned for iffy geometry set ups fresh from the factory, so your handling should be your first port of call. Start with a fast road set up, JDM ARB and some bracing/springs/coilovers.

Next I would move onto exhaust or engine breathing. You will not see a lot of power gains from even the best mods (being a N/A car) but I'm sure your enjoyment factor will rise. Don't bother with a mani/throttle bodies/inlet manifold etc unless you're going for an after market ECU (Hondata). Incidentally a Hondata Kpro will set you back the best part of £700 to have it installed and mapped properly.

Have a search around the forum. The is a wealth of knowledge about and chances are, if you've got a n00b question, it's already been answered :).

Cheers Jermal, not so long ago i saw an EK with some anodised purple and gold bars going between the wheels which i assume is something to do with the suspension, i just wondered if this was part of the kit?

so you recommend i just stick with the cat back exhaust? i like the idea of that because the manifolds and sports cats are quite expensive lol. to be honest, i have been thinking about it and dont really want to mess with the ECU yet as the insurance will go up by quite alot, its high enough atm lol.

haha yeah i have done a search and seen very similar responses such as "the search function is your friend" which i have been using to its full extent

Cheers Jermal, not so long ago i saw an EK with some anodised purple and gold bars going between the wheels which i assume is something to do with the suspension, i just wondered if this was part of the kit?

Sounds like a tie bar, similar to this on Lottie's car:
RearTieBarwithSpaceSaverWheel.jpg

thats it, the bar was purple and either side (what its attached to) was gold. what does it do? stiffen things up?

thats it, the bar was purple and either side (what its attached to) was gold. what does it do? stiffen things up?

The purple bars are lower control arms.... There mainly for show but they do say they tighten things up on the rear end.

D219.jpg

i think i would buy them just for the looks lol, are they expensive and do you know where to buy them?
do many people on here buy them thinking about it?

I'd get it mint first mate. Then cosmetics. Depends how you drive it really.

Me was:- Replacve any dodgy parts(badge, grille, mats etc), then start on sound (Induction / exhaust), then FRSU. I already have a decent suspension.

Joe

I would say you would be better off spending your money on a JDM rear anti roll bar before you get these, or get them all at the same time.

well, i have just bought it so not exactly flush atm but i like to have a plan of action you. but cosmetically the car could do with a spruce up as it's alloys all need a refurb, and theres some parking dings and scratches that i could seriously do without. with regards to scratches theres a guy at my gym who can sort that out, although dents are a different story.
but then i want to make it different which is why i liked the idea of that tie bar, especially seeing that whenever people see my CTR it will mainly be the back end lol

I would say you would be better off spending your money on a JDM rear anti roll bar before you get these, or get them all at the same time.
how much will that set me back?
i also found a red square looking thing that gets bolted in under the engine and stuff, is that any good? obviously having better handling would be good but i dont intend on sticking it on a track so wont bother with unnescessary (spelling) stuff, unless its shiney and looks good :D

how much will that set me back?
i also found a red square looking thing that gets bolted in under the engine and stuff, is that any good? obviously having better handling would be good but i dont intend on sticking it on a track so wont bother with unnescessary (spelling) stuff, unless its shiney and looks good :D

Sorting the handling will make it more enjoyable to drive on the road. You won't just notice it on the track.

JDM ARB can be found on the same site as the link above, but it's worth shopping around and keeping an eye on the for sale section both here and on CTRO.

Back