• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

First Type-R. Milano UK DC2.

Hi everyone,

After owning 2 Civic's, both dying because of rust I've finally managed to pick up a good condition DC2 :)

Just had the car around 2 weeks and love it!

45781_1554428586838_1418896001_1474377_347211_n.jpg

DSC_0050.jpg

DSC_0045.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Si.

Very nice, my first Honda was a Milano DC2. Thats looks very clean, bet your having some fun in that, cracking car! :)

The mileage on it is roughly 87K, was registered Nov' 2000 so one of the later cars to leave the factory.

It's had the rear arches done and there's no rust at all on the car.

Came with EBC brake pads, AEM CAI (which I want to get rid of for an OEM airbox to be honest), Spoon reservoir socks, Mugen Oil Cap and some other bits & pieces.

I've got a Gold Beaks rear tie bar which I'm fitting tonight, though when I got it I felt a bit stupid paying £100 for a hollow piece of bar painted gold! :/ Hopefully it'll look ok though!

I think the next thing will be some BC-Racing coilovers or Meister R's :)

Si.

Haha yeah (the douche in the right hand side of the pic at the bottom is me haha). But me & the mrs started washing the car, then my mate (silver EP3) came over with his mrs and we all chipped in. Only took 3 hours as it was it's first proper clean since owning it :/

Si.

Hey mate, me & some friends have started our own little jap club in the Northants area called Street Legion and we've got our own stand at JAE, staying the weekend so I'll be there :)

New little addition, got my Beaks tie bar on last week, in the pouring rain.. What fun moving the ABC sensor brackets!

DSC_0096.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey mate, me & some friends have started our own little jap club in the Northants area called Street Legion and we've got our own stand at JAE, staying the weekend so I'll be there :)

:cool:

I'm not from the area but I'll pop over at JAE and say hello anyway :) .

Only because it was raining so hard it felt like hail! It took about an hour and a half to get the bar on, had to take it apart, put the bar bracket on, re-fit the ABS bracket (only 2 of 3 bolts went back on) and then put the bar on, well worth it though and love it :) and no LCA bolts broke! Shocking!

Suits - Sounds good :) I'm down on Saturday morning, then staying until Sunday afternoon.

Small update, went on a photoshoot with one of my friends last week.

teg1.jpg

teg2.jpg

teg3.jpg

His car is a Captiva Blue EG VEI with a JDM B16A conversion :)

teg4.jpg

Our stand is opposite the Civiclife stand at JAE so if you see me, come over & say hi :)

Got a few more bits to do, just a Mugen rad cap, Password:JDM Rad Stays & Battery tie on the way & spraying the cam cover this weekend Milano red :)

I'm also Si95 on Civiclife if you know me on there.

:)

Nice updates, looks awesome.

I got the same bug and got some new rad stays - 1 minute job to fit and looks much nicer. The rubber bungs from the OEM stays were surprisingly simple to hook out for the aftermarket ones too. I couldn't quite justify the extra money for the Password ones so just bought Tegiwa versions instead. Still pricey for what they are though.

I've looked at my tie bar and the underneath of my car and decided I'll get someone else to fit it - CBA with taking apart the LCAs and then not being able to realign etc. I know mine will end up being rusted on as well. Don't even have a breaker bar so I know it would be several hours of me swearing at the car followed by me paying someone to do it properly anyway.

Did you cable tie up the ABS wiring then? from what I've found on the net regarding fitting the bars this is what most people have to do.

You keeping your rear wiper or going to take it off? I removed mine at the weekend - bit fiddly but 30 min max job and looks much better than the old dog leg on there.

Nice updates, looks awesome.

I got the same bug and got some new rad stays - 1 minute job to fit and looks much nicer. The rubber bungs from the OEM stays were surprisingly simple to hook out for the aftermarket ones too. I couldn't quite justify the extra money for the Password ones so just bought Tegiwa versions instead. Still pricey for what they are though.

I've looked at my tie bar and the underneath of my car and decided I'll get someone else to fit it - CBA with taking apart the LCAs and then not being able to realign etc. I know mine will end up being rusted on as well. Don't even have a breaker bar so I know it would be several hours of me swearing at the car followed by me paying someone to do it properly anyway.

Did you cable tie up the ABS wiring then? from what I've found on the net regarding fitting the bars this is what most people have to do.

You keeping your rear wiper or going to take it off? I removed mine at the weekend - bit fiddly but 30 min max job and looks much better than the old dog leg on there.

Yeah I like shiny engine bay parts to be honest, it's a real money pit area, I think I'll be going to Tegiwa shortly for their coloured washers & bolts.

Haha .. I seem to be a pro at swearing at the car. It's not too bad to fit to be honest, with it being the inner LCA bolts they tend not to snap, by my experience with the EK & EG anyway. Aligning it wasn't too bad, as I don't have adjustable camber arms the wheel stayed where it was and the LCA just needed pulling down a few MM then the bolt hammered through to align it all. I managed to trap the ABS wiring in between the Beaks bar and the bottom of the car where the inner LCA goes, didn't need any cable tying, and with it being on a carrier it won't slip out :) If you don't have a breaker bar though, yeah get someone to do it.. I used a breaker bar & a ratchet.. Felt like both my arms were going to drop off after undoing the bolts, let alone putting the bar on.

Might have a bash at doing the rear wiper arm this weekend, need to spray the petrol cap aswell as the car has had a respray and the laquer has peeled off the petrol cap, let's the whole car down to be honest.

Back