• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

It's impressive but a hatchback that can do sub 8 minutes on the ring is not going to be a comfortable car to live with on UK roads.

Yeah, it is my main concern as well. I'm just patiently waiting until the car is available for test drive so I can see it rides as a daily car on the wonderful pothole ridden roads.

Yeah, it is my main concern as well. I'm just patiently waiting until the car is available for test drive so I can see it rides as a daily car on the wonderful pothole ridden roads.

Id rather put my back out thanks...... :)

[video=youtube;K7ikNZGGF0k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7ikNZGGF0k[/video]

It does look pretty blinding from those videos I must. Good work honda! Also whoever wants comfort when they buy a hardcore sport car is delusional. Buy a fecking tdi golf if you want comfort! And it's more the ***** quality of our roads that will be an issue than the car itself. The roads are a disgrace here now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For Sale!! one Kidney, above average condition and one careful(ish) owner.

Bidding will start at around £25k, hope the mods understand if I dont take a photo with my username.

This is a awesome car, I will be getting my name down for one when pre-orders are being taken.

Not sure on the validity of this but across a few forums people feel that Honda won't be pitting this against the likes of the Focus ST and Golf GTi etc. but instead the Golf R's and Focus RS' of the hatch world - if there is any truth to that, I hope we aren't looking at a £35-40k hatch (Golf R money IIRC).

If it is that kind of money the dream will not become a reality, I fear.

Aye, if it's around £35k I will be out and I have a feeling it will be priced close to the Mugen was so it's looking like a dream car rather than a genuine purchase.

Hope I am wrong though as I want one of those concepts badly.

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk 2

Yeah - I'm convinced it will be outside of my price-range simply because I like it soooo much - I'm just pre-empting sods law!If, similar to the FN2, the changes between concept and production are minimal - I would probably never contemplate modifying it. It looks terrific - this is the killer shot that does it for me:
hondacivicr-1.jpg

I think it looks great from any angle tbh. Even the rear looks much improved over the standard version. For some strange reason the rear end reminds me of Emperor Zurg from Toy Story:lol:

Also whoever wants comfort when they buy a hardcore sport car is delusional. Buy a fecking tdi golf if you want comfort! And it's more the ***** quality of our roads that will be an issue than the car itself. The roads are a disgrace here now.

Not really. A lot of manufacturers manage to build seriously fast cars without having to resort to suspension constructed out of concrete and dark matter. See BMW/Audi/Mercedes AMG/Jaguar for further info.

And they're heavy cruisers not family hatchbacks.

Hardcore sports car... lol.

Not really. A lot of manufacturers manage to build seriously fast cars without having to resort to suspension constructed out of concrete and dark matter. See BMW/Audi/Mercedes AMG/Jaguar for further info.

They are fast but still not really sports cars. They are just big powerful luxury cars. I went in a pals m3 recently and it was hard and fairly noncompliant. I wouldn't have described it as comfortable. When you have huge wheels and rubber bands for tyres, it's basic physics that the shock and vibration will have less places to be absorbed. I do see your point and know what you mean, but if you build a track car it will have hard suspension and be low. This is a race car for the road, so if you expect a soft ride I would look elsewhere. It just grinds my gears when people grumble about sports cars being firm. That's what's required to make them handle well! Unless you have then riding high on gravel spec suspension and then it will look silly!

I am a bit gutted its turbo though and not a naughty N/A engine!

Yeah there's no problem with firm suspension. But when it's so rigid that it crashes over bumps and tyres leave contact with the road on an average b-road then it's a step too much. Stiff set ups allied with 20" wheels isn't conducive to fast point to point driving.

There does have to be a balance alright. Really if our roads weren't so crappily maintained by our equally crappy local authorities, then this wouldn't even be an issue!! Considering how much the average motorist is penalised in terms of motoring costs, we should expect (and receive) much better services from the highways agency/people who maintain our roads. This is taking a derail anyways from the original thread, sorry guys!

Back