• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

Now the bit I was told which I find a bit hmm, it's been around the Nurburg and has beaten the new FWD record apparently.

Perhaps that's why they've started hyping it up already? I have no doubt that they will get the record, I have faith in the red H. However, it would need to be a properly rapid lap for them to be confident it's not going to be beaten before release date. I also find it dubious.

311bhp is a lot in a fwd.

That's what I thought but he seemed adamant.
It was in the 7min but it can't remember the seconds. I did say it was close to the GTR and I raised an eyebrow.
He said it was a touring car with air con.

Ok so a trip to Honda today has given me some good info.

The price has been released at £28k and it won't be coming out till April next year.
You'll also be glad to hear that the shape is staying as is. No changes.

Now the bit I was told which I find a bit hmm, it's been around the Nurburg and has beaten the new FWD record apparently.

Thanks for the information :)

How do we no to believe the chap you spoke to was he a salesman? Positive news anyhow...

Awesome. I have faith in Honda!!

Is it sad that there's a massive poster now on the wall by the train station right near where I live and I got excited?! :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do we think a championship white model will be available from the start?

Possibly, but more likely to be the colour exported to the Japanese market first.
There will be the usual Red, Black, Silver .................and a Blue.

As far as im aware, no.

Will find out more nearer the end of the year when we begin the Type R production ramp up.

Any idea on a rough release date? We've heard summer, though are we talking more spring?

Spring time is the plan. Will update you all when we have our next factory meeting in a couple of months.
This will give us an idea of actual production plan and an idea for when it will hit the roads.

Sounds good! I can't wait until they release the final production design, I'm guessing it'll be released later this year prior to SOP or are we thinking a motor show early next year?

Possibly, but more likely to be the colour exported to the Japanese market first.
There will be the usual Red, Black, Silver .................and a Blue.

Thanks, I did think that.

I will be getting my money together for a black one then, I suspect it will be more money for the black paint again.

Paul

New Civic Type R concept video.

[video=youtube;_7D20cpN19U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7D20cpN19U[/video]

Back