• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

Still way overpriced IMO.

The EP3 was 17k. That was an expensive hot hatch even then I thought. 26-30k is 2nd hand GTR money, there's just no comparison. Buy a GTR, suffer a fraction of the depreciation and go a LOT faster.

Wouldn't consider one until it's been around for a few years, wait until it's a sensible price 2nd hand and see what the reliability on the honda turbo blocks is like. I reckon these will depreciate even faster than the new GT86.

It's growing on me though :lol:

New Civic Type R

It's all relative though. I imagine the cabin will be a much nicer place than an EP3. It's faster than an EP3.

It's priced to its target market, which is a different one to the EP3.

I look at it as though Honda are trying to sell it to people who bought an EP3 10 years ago, and now want something a bit more refined - and faster.

And whilst it may depreciate at a faster rate than a GTR, I'm pretty sure it should cost a touch less to maintain.

You can't compare a list price with one ten plus years ago due to inflation.

[video=youtube;i2KNFWW-PV4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2KNFWW-PV4[/video]

Thanks for this Loxy :cool:

That blip of the throttle and the rear view at the end of the vid has sold it to me.

The house will be on the market next spring...:lol:

Does anyone know the chassis code for the new type R? Just wondered thats all. Cant seem to find it on tinterweb.

Does anyone know the chassis code for the new type R? Just wondered thats all. Cant seem to find it on tinterweb.

It will be FK* where * is a number. The number denotes the engine type fitted.

All current 9th gens are FK* recycled from the 8th gen 5 door chassis code because technically it is just a revision on the previous chassis.

FK2 is already taken by the 1.8, so it won't be that. FK1 is the 1.4 petrol, FK3 is the 2.2 diesel and I'm assuming FK4 is the 1.6 diesel but I'm not sure about that last one.

Ok so a trip to Honda today has given me some good info.

The price has been released at £28k and it won't be coming out till April next year.
You'll also be glad to hear that the shape is staying as is. No changes.

Now the bit I was told which I find a bit hmm, it's been around the Nurburg and has beaten the new FWD record apparently.

Back