• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

I can tell you for nothing that Ford isn't high on my list for reliability. I've had three warranty claims in the six months I've owned the car so far. The dealer network leaves a lot to be desired too.

The car looks good in my opinion.
Was never really going be exactly like the concept, but the production model looks edgy and sharp.

It will grow on most people, especially when seen on the road.

We are doing 27 units over the next week or so, these are mainly for the media to get their grubby little hands over it, then mass production will begin in May.

Don't suppose you know when the 1st customer batches will be delivered, July originally but there's talks of September now

Have you managed to see the finished product up close yet, as a complete package I love the whole thing

Don't suppose you know when the 1st customer batches will be delivered, July originally but there's talks of September now

Have you managed to see the finished product up close yet, as a complete package I love the whole thing

Not sure on customer delivery dates.

Still not seen the finished product. I only see the raw chassis as it comes out of the Weld department.
Those who work on the end of the line, doing final quality checks get to see it, but it has been quickly wrapped and hidden away.

New Civic Type R

I think it looks great now. Amazingly I really disliked it before but it's grown on me. Not sure on those red steering wheel inserts or red rim tape but pretty minor. I very much doubt there will be a discernible difference in build quality between this and a merc despite opinions above.

Food for thought. The arse end falls out of E46 M3's approx 9 years into ownership (subframe) and they were a £60k car new. Where's your German build quality there! My brother had an E46 325D and had to have subframe work done on his also. Cost him a few grand.

Ultimately it doesn't matter how much you spend all cars have their problems, it just costs you more to fix when buying a luxury marque (if it falls outside of warranty).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pricing has come out for Germany. 36.5k EUR for the GT, which equates on a straight conversion to £26,500.

This video also from Geneva of the Honda Euro Head talking about it being in the mid 30k EUR.

[video=youtube;RViT2hHb9a8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RViT2hHb9a8[/video]

Yet again it seems that we get stuffed in the UK for being Honda's biggest European market. Pfft.

Grey import from Malta anyone?

Pricing has come out for Germany. 36.5k EUR for the GT, which equates on a straight conversion to £26,500.

This video also from Geneva of the Honda Euro Head talking about it being in the mid 30k EUR.

[video=youtube;RViT2hHb9a8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RViT2hHb9a8[/video]

Yet again it seems that we get stuffed in the UK for being Honda's biggest European market. Pfft.

Grey import from Malta anyone?
That's means it will be about the fourty six k mark in Ireland due to all are ridiculous tax laws. They will be few and far between over here.

Bloody hell I'm going to order one from over here and get in on transfered on to UK plates
then anyone what's involved in doing so ?

Food for thought. The arse end falls out of E46 M3's approx 9 years into ownership (subframe) and they were a £60k car new. Where's your German build quality there! My brother had an E46 325D and had to have subframe work done on his also. Cost him a few grand.

:lol: You're talking about a model of car that was first built and designed in 1998. Things have moved on a little since then. Yes different manufacturers are stereotyped, but Honda's apparently flawless reliability issues and Merc's shoddy wiring of the 00's have all changed.

Although both my EP3 and DC5 were both extremely reliable (when compared to my Ford ST), they weren't without problems. The boot on my DC5 used to double up as a padding pool whenever it rained and HID's blew and needed replacing. Not to mention that it used to burn oil like the Iraqi's in Kuwait. But we'll gloss over that because it's a Honda.

I would be interested to see if there are more reliability issues now the engines are FI.

I can see Chris' point about different type of driver for Honda/German marques, but I go back to my original point that the price is becoming alarmingly similar. That will undoubtedly lure some people away from the once affordable Japanese option. It is like comparing apples and pears, however both have been thrown into a smoothie now and everything is fair game.

Interesting how they've addressed the change in spoiler from concept to production car with function>form

Interesting how they've addressed the change in spoiler from concept to production car with function>form

Especially when the central blade looks identical on the concept and production car (apart from the brake light integration)

It'll definitely grow on people. I hated the Golf R in pics and I saw one in the metal the other day and I love it! The colour, wheels and quad exhausts give it some serious road presence!

It'll definitely grow on people. I hated the Golf R in pics and I saw one in the metal the other day and I love it! The colour, wheels and quad exhausts give it some serious road presence!

I kinda thought the same too, though after mulling it over for a few months, I've now ended up with one on my drive and I love it!

Its more in your face than what we have seen before in Type-R's.

Yes its expensive, but to keep up with the big boys i.e Golf R and Focus RS that was always going to be the case.

What I really don't get is how long its taken to be released.
I can not see any customers to get one on the road before September. On the platform that will nearly be 5 years old.
I would guess the 10th Gen Civic will be released in 2017 at the latest. So all this hype about a Type R that will only be available for 2 years.

Back