• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

Your right there is a lot out there for 30k but as said nearly new and new with warranty
are very different the first car on the above list is an Audi S5 3years old so guessing out
off warranty my friend has one off these i drove it some months ago it was so dull yes there
was power but no feeling and the gear box was crap

His last service came in around £1600 as it needed the front brakes replaced after that the
some thing went wrong with his central locking then his ABS

I like the idea of 5 year hassle free motoring myself

PS I work in VW and trust me the have less trouble with Jap cars

Your right there is a lot out there for 30k but as said nearly new and new with warranty
are very different the first car on the above list is an Audi S5 3years old so guessing out
off warranty my friend has one off these i drove it some months ago it was so dull yes there
was power but no feeling and the gear box was crap

His last service came in around £1600 as it needed the front brakes replaced after that the
some thing went wrong with his central locking then his ABS

I like the idea of 5 year hassle free motoring myself

PS I work in VW and trust me the have less trouble with Jap cars

You're right. None of the above cars have "ethos"

I agree with the brand new hassle free warranty/no MOT way of motoring. I'm sticking with the German cars for now though.

Got to say i don't really like the styling, think it looks too quirky for me & the best bits from the concept have been lost.
And as others have said there are too many other decent hot hatches out there for the same money.
Hopefully the performance (real, not claimed) will make up for it.

Buying a car of similar value is all well and good. The average Joe can't afford to run a GTR or M3 V8, yet a 2.0l turbo is within the realms and affordable to most.
It may be 30k but in 2004 I bought a brand new facelift EP3 for £17.5k, so in 11 years 30k is about right for a hot hatch, when inflation is considered.

I am looking forward to getting out in one.. :)

Bet that jag wouldn't go round a corner with any finesse. Pointless comparison really! E30 M3 is a sick car but I doubt someone in the market for one of those would be considering a type r. Different type of car. Modern cars don't have the heritage of older ones as they have yet to prove themselves. But look at the Integra and ep3. Both great by today's standards. It's tough as I know £30k is a lot but if you compare it to other cars on the market now for that kind of money the type r is impressive.

I echo the sentiments of bazza. There is an audi workshop (massive) next to our office and we are pals with one of the chief mechanics. Vag aren't as reliable as they are purported to be. And it's big bucks when they break. You try owning an S4 and see your cash vanish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah the old v new thing is a bit skewed. As soon as you get into the realms of £30k performance cars you need: a) to be able to afford to run the car and b) fix it if it goes wrong.

Whilst I'm not getting the new CTR anytime soon, I can see the merits of a stupidly fast car that shares many components with a grey-haired favourite in the standard car. So even if the warranty doesn't cover certain elements, you're not ending up with stupid service bills like most on that list.

Otherwise we'd be joining the Ferrari owners' club:

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/ferrari/other/1981-ferrari-208gtb/3770234

Last edited by a moderator:
Buying a car of similar value is all well and good. The average Joe can't afford to run a GTR or M3 V8, yet a 2.0l turbo is within the realms and affordable to most.
It may be 30k but in 2004 I bought a brand new facelift EP3 for £17.5k, so in 11 years 30k is about right for a hot hatch, when inflation is considered.

I am looking forward to getting out in one.. :)

youre right. The average Joe can't afford to run a £30k car. Because they've just spent £30k on a car. Most of the target audience probably doesn't even get £30k a year.

Hot it hatches should be for care free 20 something's. I just think its a shame that manufacturers are caught up in a bragging rights war of who's quickest round the ring and they've kind of left their target demographic behind in the process.

Which would you have more fun in on a nice flowing B road ?

Honestly now? I'd take my C250 every time.

If if you would have said to me 5 years ago that I would be cruising around in a derv built for comfort I would have laughed at you. But here I am. Priorities change for some of us.

Its not irrelevant for someone to compare one car to another. Regardless if one of the cars is new and ones not. If someone has 30k burning a hole in their pocket that they wish to spend on a car, then id say its very relevant to see what the 30k will get them.
Can you honestly say if you were going to spend 30k that you wouldnt look at other cars, youd just head straight to your Honda dealer?? I reackon youd spend a good couple of weeks trawling the internet and proberbly even test a few that really grab your attention. So on that basis, some people will go elsewhere.
Running costs is upto the person spending the money, if they wish a large chunk of their cash to go on that, then thats their parogative. But its something that any sensible person would take into consideration when deciding on whats for them.

Considering the focus rs is 4wd and is going to have a sub 30k price tag it seems pricey
also the civic looks a bit mismatched with the front wings being a bit radical and the rear quite plain

Unedited video:

[video=youtube;a9G7N0_M9Rc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9G7N0_M9Rc[/video]

Good work Loxy! Some of you lot need to buy this dam Civic because i want to buy it off you in about 10 years time!! :D

It's a bit of weird target-market I think.

The type of bods with £30K in their pocket aren't necessarily looking to drive something looking like this. There will be some, of course there will..

The guys that love it/want it probably can't afford it. £30K is a lot of money...

It does look pretty mental, I don't even think I'm fly enough to drive around in this without caring how I look - reaching that sort of age LOL.

Will deffo take it out for a test drive though.

Some more pics I've seen. I don't rate those red steering wheel inserts but the rest of it is growing on me. Not enough to spend £32.5k on one though.

tapatalk_1425494865907.jpeg

tapatalk_1425494868872.jpeg

tapatalk_1425494871668.jpeg

Back