• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

Nothing from Honda.

I find it very surprising that more details haven't been released yet. Demos are supposed to be hitting dealers in a couple of months and we've not seen the car in each colour yet.

Maybe Honda want us to see it in the metal rather than print? It's a bit of a change in direction after splashing the concept around on billboards, etc.

No further technical details over what was released at Geneva.

Bit of info over on Civinfo that there will be a £2.5k carbon pack, but not sure if that's 100% or just dealer speculation. As Loxy says, any info from Honda would be useful!

Bit of info over on Civinfo that there will be a £2.5k carbon pack, but not sure if that's 100% or just dealer speculation. As Loxy says, any info from Honda would be useful!

It's not speculation, I have had it confirmed by Honda:

Exterior carbon pack consisting of "hand made carbon fibre rear wing, air intake garnish and tailgate garnish" for £2250

Interior carbon pack consisting of "air outlet decoration, glovebox and centre console" for £495

Chris.

It's not speculation, I have had it confirmed by Honda:

Exterior carbon pack consisting of "hand made carbon fibre rear wing, air intake garnish and tailgate garnish" for £2250

Interior carbon pack consisting of "air outlet decoration, glovebox and centre console" for £495

Chris.
Over two and a half grand for a few bits of cosmetic carbon fiber...honda its official ye have completely lost the plot.

Handmade CF parts are expensive. They'll also be sought after. Look at how much the DC2 interior carbon trims and buttons go for nowadays.

But the parts will be sought after the same in 15 or so years time by people who bought one 2nd or 3rd hand from someone who decided not to go for the carbon package.
Do you think the new model civic type r will still be about in fifteen years time in big numbers? Bearing in mind what's happened to the car industry and performance cars over the last ten years.

Making carbon parts is very expensive I've seen it first hand people have no idea. The raw material alone is very expensive too. Still two and and half big ones is a lot of dosh. Shudda done a spoiler option with integral lights instead people would be all over that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you think the new model civic type r will still be about in fifteen years time in big numbers? Bearing in mind what's happened to the car industry and performance cars over the last ten years.

Nope. Which is why that extra wedge of 2k will be justified in years to come when people are scrambling over each other to get parts for sale.

Tiny update..........

mass production of the CTR will begin in June for the European market, then July for the Japanese market and August for South Africa.

I'm sure i spotted a red one in my mirror driving back into the Honda factory in Swindon on Monday. Wing looks huge, not too keen on the car itself though.

I'm sure i spotted a red one in my mirror driving back into the Honda factory in Swindon on Monday. Wing looks huge, not too keen on the car itself though.

You probably did.
We had a red one on show the other week. Believe me, they look very nice close up and on the road.

There is also a white one knocking around too, my mate saw one in black and wasnt too impressed as it 'hides' the angles and shape.

You probably did.
We had a red one on show the other week. Believe me, they look very nice close up and on the road.

There is also a white one knocking around too, my mate saw one in black and wasnt too impressed as it 'hides' the angles and shape.
Do you work for a honda dealership?

Back