• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

I called and they offered me £14,500 for my 09 S2k as a trade in so I paid a £1000 down
So that leaves about 18k more.
I went online and my bank would do that over 3 years or £528pcm 3.6apr and the car is yours

Yes, you have a logbook that says you're the owner, but in essence you're not.

Correct you're not the owner on PCP. Log book only shows you are the registered keeper, not the owner. The UK one says on the front that it is not proof of ownership. :lol:

New Civic Type R

Correct you're not the owner on PCP. Log book only shows you are the registered keeper, not the owner. The UK one says on the front that it is not proof of ownership. :lol:

Yea funny that innit. So what actually does prove ownership? Dare I say it but they need another document of ownership I think to remove ambiguity. Interesting point above on the insurance too. Wouldn't surprise me that they would worm out of paying against a claim the rat bags. My insurance just went up £100 this year despite another year of driving trouble free. Wtf. I called them and they basically said they can't reduce it, that is despite finding serval other cheaper quotes online. They are robbers. There is no logic to the formulation of their figures. So I cancelled it and went with a different provider.

Interesting discussion on the pcp deals though. It clearly highlights how in the uk it's acceptable to take on an abnormal amount of debt to possess something that ultimately you will not own. I guess that's why our economy has been so screwed up as that mentality is wide spread. Tempting it is though I must say, but I just don't think that it's a financially sound concept especially if you don't decide to trade it in against another car from the same dealer in years to come. I do accept it works for some people though. We shall see. That Renault trophy is burning into my brain and my sensible side may be put off balance by my reckless idiotic side!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In regards to PCP, did you no that their is a consumer law that states you can hand the car back with no penalty what so ever when you have reached the half way point of the PCP plan? They don't advertise that but it is correct.

Really? That's interesting. What would be the benefit / reasoning to do so also?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And how many owners have declared their cars are PCP, as some insurer's decline online quotes & being PCP can increase the quote

In regards to PCP, did you no that their is a consumer law that states you can hand the car back with no penalty what so ever when you have reached the half way point of the PCP plan? They don't advertise that but it is correct.

My dealer told me this when they were trying to push PCP on me & I mean push, he said if you don't get on with it hand it back & walk away.
So I cough up 10k pay mths of payments & just walkaway with nothing :eek: why anyone would do that is beyond me

My dealer told me this when they were trying to push PCP on me & I mean push, he said if you don't get on with it hand it back & walk away.
So I cough up 10k pay mths of payments & just walkaway with nothing :eek: why anyone would do that is beyond me
Because brand new car on your drive. :)

One of the lads at work has just got a metallic polished gt, carbon interior very nice. 6 hours into ownership and a tank with a tow bar reverses into the door. Wasn't aware but the Honda repair centre advised the side skirt is carbon fibre and a replacement is 2k ouch.

One of the lads at work has just got a metallic polished gt, carbon interior very nice. 6 hours into ownership and a tank with a tow bar reverses into the door. Wasn't aware but the Honda repair centre advised the side skirt is carbon fibre and a replacement is 2k ouch.

Got pics? It's the option I'm looking at.

It ain't carbon fibre, the only carbon fibre on the car as standard is the trim on the glovebox, I'd be banging heads

So turns out my delayed car has arrived this morning. Just received a picture.

Will update later when I have snapped it a few times :)

Can I confirm these are the right specs for the wheels as I'm still trying to find a set off winter rims
19x8.5
5x114.3
et60
M14

Ok then I guess its going to have to be a set of

18'' / 8'' / et45 Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 in Black (9kg)

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]ContiWinterContact TS 850 235/40/18[/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]I had a set on my old Evo and they fit my old 35cm brakes and I think they
also cleared my 37cm Alcons to
[/FONT]

Back