• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

It was fast in an understated kind of way. Didn't make enough fuss like an R should. Gearbox wasn't as slick as I remember my ep3 being. Steering felt numb like an ep3. Ride was harsh and I thought it felt skittish in the corners. Twitchy almost but not in a confidence inspiring way. Maybe more time behind the wheel and some dry roads might make for a more enjoyable drive but for the short stint I had: Seriously unimpressed.

Also, **** those giant a-pillars.

It was fast in an understated kind of way. Didn't make enough fuss like an R should. Gearbox wasn't as slick as I remember my ep3 being. Steering felt numb like an ep3. Ride was harsh and I thought it felt skittish in the corners. Twitchy almost but not in a confidence inspiring way. Maybe more time behind the wheel and some dry roads might make for a more enjoyable drive but for the short stint I had: Seriously unimpressed.

Also, **** those giant a-pillars.

I'm off work until the end of next week. Give me a shout and I'll bob over with mine. Ride is better now it is on 18"s.

Cheers dude. I'd appreciate that. I'll be about on Friday afternoon, I'll bob past your way if you like?

209d1d829f8bb2f9bf2b946d17648617.jpg

Cheers dude. I'd appreciate that. I'll be about on Friday afternoon, I'll bob past your way if you like?

Friday next week or tomorrow? I'm waiting in for a fence panel tomorrow afternoon, but after that arrives It's golden!

Yea I meant tomorrow. Working till about 1 or 2 at samlesbury and I could do with getting to the bank in southport for 4.30. Not much of a window like, let us know if your fence arrives in the morning or early afternoon.

Blue looks phenominal!
Only thing i cant understand with the new type R is the price.... its so expensive! What happened to affordable and cheap to insure hot hatches like the fn2 and ep3? The fn2 was like 19000 new wasnt it!?
Dont get me wrong its the best looking car for that money but you get my drift...

Blue looks phenominal!
Only thing i cant understand with the new type R is the price.... its so expensive! What happened to affordable and cheap to insure hot hatches like the fn2 and ep3? The fn2 was like 19000 new wasnt it!?
Dont get me wrong its the best looking car for that money but you get my drift...

All cars are freaking expensive. For a Golf R or Audi S3 you are paying here 50k+. AMG45 even 80k.

On the other side, nobody buys them here so they are very rare on the roads. :lol:

Bit late on the review... John kindly popped round for a blast out in his R. The 2nd I'd driven in a week. The first, which I wasn't impressed with had only 90 miles on.

Johns had closer to 2k miles and had a couple of mods too, 18" wheels and weighted gear knob. The extra side wall gave the car a much more predictable feel, much less twitchy. The ride was improved too. The worn in gearbox and weighted knob have the 'box a much smoother feel, more how I remembered my ep3 to be. The notchiness was all but gone.

Was in straighter roads for the most part so had opportunity to really open it up too, for an OEM car they certainly shift.

All in all, I'm not 100% converted but I'm not a hater either anymore :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back