• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

faeaf3fe32109a6aa74be1551644e9cf.jpg

"It'll t-cut out"

Yeah they'll repair it. My boss had an accident in a a year old Isuzu Denver, the whole front end was mullered, wheel snapped, the lot, it was repaired under insurance and wasn't even Cat D.

Last edited by a moderator:
What happens if it's on finance, does the dealer take over or is the driver left to it :confused:

The driver's insurance either pays out market value or fixes it.

You can't have finance on a written off car, as the insurance take ownership, so it needs to be settled when the insurer pays out. (Even if you buy it back it will be worth less than the finance, so the finance company will still want settling.) If the insurer pays out less than the outstanding finance and they don't have gap insurance, they will be liable for the balance.

It'll be written off by the insurance but will appear for sale within a couple of months and the dodgy dealer will say there's nothing wrong with it!

Seen it last year with a seat leon cupra r, was a garage in Sheffield selling it and the car was written off in Scotland with the rear wheel ripped off ect

I highly doubt that will be written off.
Modern cars are designed to crumple on impact to deflect the energy away from the cabin. So often accidents look worse than they actually are.

Doesn't look serious enough to write off personally. It'd have to be in excess of £20k of damage to have any chance of a write off.

Doesn't look serious enough to write off personally. It'd have to be in excess of £20k of damage to have any chance of a write off.

Then you have to factor in repair costs too. As Ed said, sure cars are designed to crumple in places for safety, but that doesn't mean to say there isn't something completely FUBAR'd under the dented panels that would cost a small fortune to rectify.

Front end damage as well, cost of parts will be high being a model that's behind in production, availability of parts also, it all adds up to the quickest route.
My Cw Fn2 wasn't as bad as that & was written off mainly down to the cost to replace the Mugen stuff.
I'd say insurance will pay out & sell the car on for the easy option

Then you have to factor in repair costs too. As Ed said, sure cars are designed to crumple in places for safety, but that doesn't mean to say there isn't something completely FUBAR'd under the dented panels that would cost a small fortune to rectify.

Parts aren't that expensive as you think.
I've seen both photos. I don't think parts there's anymore than £10k worth. If there's no structural damage, it's all bolt on and won't be that much labour costs.
They'll rarely write off pretty much a brand new car unless it's got some serious structural damage for example been rolled over and caved the roof in.

Back