• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

It's not unique to honda. There's a few mk2/mk3 focus/fiesta tdci's, even vans, with full RS/ST body panels, badges and even interior in some cases.

TDI golfs with R32/GTI/R kits etc.

[video=youtube;oNWtUExEsfU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNWtUExEsfU[/video]

New Fujitsubo exhaust

Sounds very similar to my old Cobra system that. Decent. Not sure it is £2.5k decent, but still.

error message

Hi Guys

Got these error messages that keep popping up on my FK2 Type R GT (see attached pictures), rear parking sensors and reversing camera work fine though.

Taking it to the dealer in a couple days time to have it checked over

Anyone had any experience with these or have any idea what the remedy may be?

Attachments

• 18159708_1705207146162283_505930712_o.jpg
    18159708_1705207146162283_505930712_o.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 47
  • 18160018_1705207142828950_981015853_o.jpg
    18160018_1705207142828950_981015853_o.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 44
That's the blind spot warning and cross traffic warning systems.

Your rear sensors aren't working on the long range, the short range parking sensors are obviously fine.

See what the dealer says.

They've settled around 23-27 pending on yr & mileage, see there's a black cat D in there for 20k with the eventuri fitted

Hi Guys

Got these error messages that keep popping up on my FK2 Type R GT (see attached pictures), rear parking sensors and reversing camera work fine though.

Taking it to the dealer in a couple days time to have it checked over

Anyone had any experience with these or have any idea what the remedy may be?

Yes..i had after suffering a knock from behind. There are rear promixity sensors and modules located at the left and right side of the bumper. You will not be able to see it unless you drop the bumper.
There are wire connecting to the modules. Check if they are secure and connected. Loose connection will result in the alarm you mentioned. cheers

I'd like to tart up my standard FK2 wheels with some fancy red wheel lugs, something like these...

AMK-racing-AMK-racing-font-b-lug-b-font-nuts-M12-1-25-font-b-Rays.jpg

I know nothing about this subject. Can anybody recommend me some that are correct fitment?

Are they generally soft cheese or proper steel? Can you get matching locking nuts? Do they discolour/chip when used? Do you need a specific wrench? Are they a good idea?

Imo they look gorgeous.

Talk to me.

They will be tapered and they are designed for aftermarket wheels. OEM wheels take ball nuts so they won't fit.

You can get adapter washers for them though.

Also avoid aluminium nuts. The studs are steel, and when aluminium and steel are put together for long periods, through heat cycles and under pressure they fuse together. Loads of people have had issue with nuts snapping coming off etc.

Apart from those considerations, crack on!

They will be tapered and they are designed for aftermarket wheels. OEM wheels take ball nuts so they won't fit.

You can get adapter washers for them though.

Also avoid aluminium nuts. The studs are steel, and when aluminium and steel are put together for long periods, through heat cycles and under pressure they fuse together. Loads of people have had issue with nuts snapping coming off etc.

Apart from those considerations, crack on!

So its a bloody stupid idea :oops: roger-wilco-over-and-out :smt023

Also studs will generally mark quite easily, best bet is to get a socket with nylon liner to minimise damage.

I've heard of that with stainless steel, and with galvanised, but not with regular. There are other reasons to avoid Al, but i didn't think this was one of them?

I've heard of that with stainless steel, and with galvanised, but not with regular. There are other reasons to avoid Al, but i didn't think this was one of them?

BMW wheels on the hubs are a nightmare for it as the CB are tighter than most. Literally have to kick the wheels off the car with a bolt screwed part way in to stop it boucning down the road as they stick fast, but on topic, posts and posts and posts on the FB groups of, "Oh my studs have snapped getting my tuner nuts off, WTF?!" etc. :lol: They just seize onto the suds.

Back