• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

What started me off was seeing Rays ZE40's with rainbow lugs and it made me moist, I thought. I want a bit of that. But not with the above mentioned hassle so sod it. Regular lugs work fine.

You could always buy some Rays to go with some non-aluminium nuts! ;)

The M4 has been a FK2 hotbed recently. I'm cruising alongside multiple FK2's daily, tonight one Milano 16 plate, and a black 66 plate. Not seen any for months, now, everywhere :cool:

Anyone else get that arse clenching, wincing moment every time the ping from the temperature warning goes off :lol:

It's a warning triangle isn't it? Same in the Beemer, and it also does it for washer fluid level too. Boils my **** that it isn't just a nice little, "ting," chime rather than a, "BOING!"

Had me twice this wk, BOING, wince, & relax
It's definitely a "I hear it but I don't want to look moment :lol:

Here we go again, there's plenty on here that use abbreviations yet you don't pull them up, even members that have been on here long enough to know better, even you yourself has posted using abbreviations in the past, I'm starting to feel there's a problem here

If you have an issue then feel free to PM me. The only problem is the one you're making.

There's abbreviations and then there's lazy text speak.

Acceptable abbreviations:

FOAD
STFU
GTFO
GLWTS
AFAIK
IMO
etc etc

Not acceptable is missing out half the word as if you were trying to beat your nokia 3210's character count.

Try somewhere like the crx forum, everybody talks in text talk and it's a fcuking nightmare. Proper English, or at least something akin to it, is one of the things that sets this forum apart.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, so today after 7300 miles the spanner icon has appeared (not the car > spanner) meaning it's due its variable service which is just an oil change?

I understand this isn't covered by the service pack, which I have. I'm planning to get my car properly serviced end of next month, surely is may aswell wait another month and get everything done then instead of forking out for an oil change now?

Surely this is common sense but I'd just like your guys opinions on it. I know oil is an integral part of a cars running however I can't understand why I'd need 2-3 oil changes a year on something which is simply put, a modern 2 litre 4 cylinder turbo which on average I only do 8000 miles a year in. It's my daily driver in which on a daily basis I drive like a law abiding citizen, it's only really on the weekends I rag the nuts off it, if I was ragging the nuts of it everyday then I'd not be asking this question.

Last edited by a moderator:
My car is currently showing 'Service A Due Soon'. I'm taking that as it doesn't need it right now, so until it tells me to actually service it. I'm continuing to drive it. Hope thats right.

I got the Spanner - A light on with a 1700 mile count down which will take me past a year of ownership.
Book says about early oil change but I'll probably wait until the service is due.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

If you go to the Service Information menu it tells you which service is due and in how many miles.

It starts at Service Due Soon with 2,000 miles to go until zero, it changes to Service Due Now at 500 miles to go.

Yeah I've seen the countdown, it started at 1500 I think and now the car icon has gone and it's just the spanner with an A and it now says 700 miles when I go into the menu, is that for the full service? The sticker on my windscreen says service at 12,500 or 1 year though?

No it's the A service which is oil and filter. Details are in the the service book, including how the variable servicing works and what all the codes relate to.

Label is the standard Honda one as most dealers seem to haven't figured out to trust the variable servicing indicator yet.

Back