• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

Honda have spent a lot of money on researching the best oil change interval. Much more than someone on a forum saying their oil is a bit discoloured. There is absolutely no point in changing oil before the service interval unless you like wasting money. Oil is very good these days, much better than 10 years ago.

The reason the oil discolours is because it's doing its job. It discolours more in Turbo'd cars because of the oil cooler and the fact it's extremely difficult to drain the oil that's inside it.

For a regular road car, stick to the manufacturer's service schedule. If you do track days or a lot of stop start driving on a cold engine then there may be merit in changing it more often. But unless someone takes a sample of oil and has it analyzed for fuel, copper, metals etc they really aren't qualified to say changing it more often is better.

Just my 2p.

I would agree with this to be honest with my previous experience. I'm never going to be doing any track days, which to some I'm sure they will ask why I'm buying a type R.

whats the oil use on the FK2 with regards to top ups?
My FN2 didn't go through an excessive amount but fresh oil topping it up constantly meant even a month/1000 miles before its service the oil looked very fresh. just wondered if it would be similar for the FK2?

Virtually none required, I went from weekly checks to fortnightly to monthly.
It's the same for others but there have been owners pop up with excessive oil use, I think this could be more to do with owners struggling with the dipstick and really thin clear oil, it's even worse on a warm engine check

It's the same for others but there have been owners pop up with excessive oil use, I think this could be more to do with owners struggling with the dipstick and really thin clear oil, it's even worse on a warm engine check

Dip stick is awful, I keep looking for an aftermarket dipper. Or one that fits from another Honda. No luck so far.

this is surprising but kind of explains the need for regular oil changes especially on new cars as components bed into each other.
I had no issues with my FN2 but realise everything has stepped on since then, I just don't want to purchase a performance car with hidden costs and I wont purchase a car of such a high calibre then try to maintain it on a budget as that just doesn't work.

I would agree with this to be honest with my previous experience. I'm never going to be doing any track days, which to some I'm sure they will ask why I'm buying a type R.

whats the oil use on the FK2 with regards to top ups?
My FN2 didn't go through an excessive amount but fresh oil topping it up constantly meant even a month/1000 miles before its service the oil looked very fresh. just wondered if it would be similar for the FK2?
My FK2 doesn't use a drop. Haven't had to top up at all between services still check it regular just to be on the safe side.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I can't remember exactly but there's something that gets hot in the clutch area, there's also 2nd synchros been replaced

Just got home to a "Good news letter" from Marshall Honda :confused:
Its asking me to ring some head honcho quoting the reference number regarding some good news about my car.
Any others received similar

Probably, i've started receiving regular calls from my local Dealership with Amazing One Time Special Sucky Sucky 5 Dollar Deals.

My response is always call me again when its 0% APR..... which will be never. Obviously.

Two less black ones on the road.

ddd272ddaac18ad5cdaaa9e8165750ef.jpg
0c5804366206285c5085a2f6fa8276f5.jpg

The last pic is a chap I met the other month ..

10d59835f45b80e77593dc0078af3e87.jpg

Back