• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

Long term they will be very sought after with such a limited run but how long that will take and where the cost levels out is anybody's guess.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I think they will continue to drop and drop fairly fast. The sheer amount of fk8's they are making means they will probaly drop faster than the fk2's did. This in turn will push the fk2 values lower and faster. longer term id expect the fk2's to be more sought after than the fk8s. but they have to hit silly low prices, get bought by people who don't service and look after them, crash them etc. Then people and the trade will realise how few there are, how hardcore it was compared to the more numerous and better all rounder fk8s , then prices for good ones will increase. But this is so far away its not worth considering. If your worried by depreciation get out now! and dont get into an fk8 as that will depreciate too. Plenty of fun fast cars to be had with zero ongoing depreciation. Get one of them.

anything fast thats naturally aspirated and ideally with a manual box is a good place to stick some money.

Go for low owners and low mileage and it should be depreciation free on all of these imo. e46 m3, e92 m3, c63 AMG, porsche 996 / 997. VXR8, audi r8 , audi b7 rs4. This is just a few there are loads (yes i know some of these are auto/dsg) . chucking 30k on a honda is chucking money away (this is not a dig as ive done it too) had my fk2 black edition for just over a year now, and its dropping fast. however ive no plans to sell :) i went in eyes open knowing id lose £20k and by the time i finish paying for it it will probaly be a £10k car. i simply wanted something fast, fun, reliable, and not run of the mill that can return 30+ mpg as a daily. For this the fk2 fits my needs. I also have an e92 m3 and as a comparison its only lost 2-4k in the last few years, it wont lose anymore value now being such low mileage etc etc. The guy who had it before me lost £30k+!

I think a decent lotus exige is a safe bet too.

Totally contradicting the above LOL! An interesting prospect at the moment has to be the F10 bmw M5's these where £75k- £85k or more when new. They can now be had under £30k for a 14 reg car. be really interesting to see how low these drop. Its probaly the best all rounder car in the world i reckon. 4.4 v8 twin turbo, 560bhp i think, 700bhp with a simple re map, great handling,good looking, great interior and pulls like the enterprise when you floor it .

In terms of manual turbo cars r33 gtr, some of the evos Iv tom makk editions, late evo 8 and 9 MR's, plenty of fast fords in this bracket too.

cars are for driving and enjoying. lifes to short to worry about depreciation. Have fun now before your too old or sick to do so.

all the above cars are epic and all of them will depreciate a lot less then the fk2 / fk8. play your cards right and you could experience loads of them, with some smart buying and selling.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some good ideas there mate. The reason why I got my FK2 brand new was that I couldnt get 1 older as it just came out and I needed a new car at that time.

And at that time the FK2 was the best car out there for my price range. I was shocked to find out they only made a couple of thousand of them in the UK?

Also when getting a new car you dont have to worry about all the things that go wrong with older cars. I’ve got a really good deal with servicing 5 yr option etc. The new car smell haha.

The BMW M3 15 plate is the same price as a new FK8 which is crazy. This would be the car I would go for when I get rid of my FK2. Just make sure it has new tyres and just been serviced!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The BMW M3 15 plate is the same price as a new FK8 which is crazy. This would be the car I would go for when I get rid of my FK2. Just make sure it has new tyres and just been serviced!

crazy isnt it! , a 15 plate m3 has lost an insane amount of money in 3 years. Even a 3 year old example is leagues ahead of the fk8 in every aspect.

long term the low production numbers of the fk2 will have a significant effect on the values. however , by then mine will look like its been blasted with a shot gun and have over 100k miles on it, so it will be worth nothing ! long term for mine, im thinking it will make an amazing track day car that can be driven to and from the track. ive been having naughty thoughts of it being partially stripped, nice meaty rear cage (in white) with a harness bar , and light weight buckets on super low seat frames , bigger brakes all round and lightweight alloys with some track compound tyres . i think it would prove to be very reliable if you left the power standatd.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well Ive had nothing wrong with mine. Touch wood!

Well you have Jinxed yourself now chap !
Expect your 2nd gear to grind and 4th gear to disappear and also your wheels to start looking ***** with corrosion by the end of the day. Lol.
Oh and your spoiler to fill up with water when it rains or you wash your car.

Remember this comment because if you own a FK2 you can expect any one of those things to happen at anytime!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Well my wheels have started to go a bit ‘mingin’ on the inside of the alloy. Has anyone had this replaced off warranty?

Yup.
I put a claim in for 4 New wheels and it was declined with the reply that they are corroding due to poor maintenance.

I kicked off at customer services and told them im not washing them in sea water and im not impressed.

Had 2 replaced as a good will gesture and was allowed to keep the other 2 wheels to refurb aswell.

Loads of people are experiencing the same bullshit response from Honda and being fobbed off.
Well my wheels have started to go a bit ‘mingin’ on the inside of the alloy. Has anyone had this replaced off warranty?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

How long/many miles of careful driving do you think new Brembos take to bed in?

New discs and pads fitted and i’ve done 50 miles of gentle brake applications to bed the pads to the rotors and not overheat and warp the discs.

Driving careful is boring.

Back