• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

Have you sorted your clutch out yet mate?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

not yet, seems to have settled a little bit (maybe a bit of slip has given the clutch a bit more bite) but I'm waiting for some fk8 clutch packs to be released as it's still drivable, plus I need to spend yet more money on my other money pit aka the house :)

Why do you say that? It would just look so good with the intake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

as it's eventuri it'll be very expensive for just a dress up item that you'll only see when you open the bonnet, as I can't see it providing any performance gains or weight saving.

if the intake was available in a non carbon option for half the price I would have bought that instead ie a nice smoothed 3D printed version

There's a 2nd hand single mass clutch kit popped up on eBay, owner says it was fitted but then removed before the car was put back together

as it's eventuri it'll be very expensive for just a dress up item that you'll only see when you open the bonnet, as I can't see it providing any performance gains or weight saving.

if the intake was available in a non carbon option for half the price I would have bought that instead ie a nice smoothed 3D printed version

Well I think its shocking if eventuri dont do it as they are not showing commitment to their product by completing the piece. I have seen others that have done that arent as good quality but still....

Well I think its shocking if eventuri dont do it as they are not showing commitment to their product by completing the piece. I have seen others that have done that arent as good quality but still....

You need to get some sort of Petition going chap..
10000 signatures and take it to parliament ready to hand it into Theresa should see this happen.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Looking at eventuris Instagram page selling a handful fk2 pipes probably isn't worth it to them, looks like their BMW and Audi intakes are their money pot.
Shame as I think it finishes the intake off, Armaspeed intake if you want that full carbon look

I do not know, how many of you have driven your car to its top end 250-270km/h, but from time to time my car can afford this kind of speeds.
Last year I was running on original wheels and tyres. This year changed to semi-slicks (NS-2R) and lighter, but sligltly smaller offset 18" wheels. Tyre width should be same as both are 235.

Car is quite nervous over 220 already but was not noticing this with original setup.
Have any of you did similar thing and experienced also some overreacting stability?

Hoiva.PNG

You affected the scrub radius and akkerman angle when changing the wheels. This will incur increased torque steer and bump steer which will contribute to your high speed instability.

How long/many miles of careful driving do you think new Brembos take to bed in?

New discs and pads fitted and i’ve done 50 miles of gentle brake applications to bed the pads to the rotors and not overheat and warp the discs.

Driving careful is boring.

I didn’t even know this was a thing? Well I came here to learn. Does yours need new brakes already then? Crikey. Good job I love the thing.

Driving carefully well boring. It’s sad when it’s not worth having the R+ on like when you’re in traffic.

Has anyone had any experience changing the wheels on their FK? Was looking at treating mine to some bronze Volks ZE40 at some point next year, they only come in a maximum of 18” so I was looking at getting a slightly thinker tyre to protect the rim and try offset the smaller wheel a little as splitter clearance when pulling on to my drive is “close” :lol: I don’t plan to track the car at all so any slight affect on the cars drive isn’t too much of a problem however don’t want to have a massively noticeable difference when road driving... appreciate any help those of you with more wheel/tyre set up knowledge can provide :)

I put 18" Team Dynamics 1.2 on mine.

18x8J ET45 with 225/40/18 tyres if I remember correctly. Details are on my car thread, link in my signature.

I put 18" Team Dynamics 1.2 on mine.

18x8J ET45 with 225/40/18 tyres if I remember correctly. Details are on my car thread, link in my signature.

Awesome I’ll have a rummage through the thread, cheers Loxy

similar to loxy; i run riva dtm's for winter tyres. 18x8 225/40/18, ET42 iirc
gotta be real careful with weight placement on these dtm's as there isn't enough clearance between caliper and wheel to allow stick on weights. I found out the hard way :(
there is a cutout on the brembo's where the weights will clear, but ultimately comes down to them being as close to the wheel spokes as possible.

18's were chosen due to winter tyre selection & costs.

Just for a discussion, what you guys think, will White edition FK2 prices go up or it was just test platform for FK8?
I asked from dealer how much would they pay for my White edition Type-R FK2, 2016 end registration and 36000km (22500miles) on clock.
They offered me 25500€ (about 22700£).
On Mobile.de site, there are three more and prices are from 29900€(~26600£), up to 34300€(~30500£).

It's got to carry on depreciating for at least 10 years before you'll start seeing any premium vs the FK8 IMO. Not sure about euro/US markets etc, but certainly that's what I expect to see here in the UK.

Back