• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

thats a lot of my reasonings dweezle.
dont know where to get tyres replaced as i simply dont trust any fitter that comes to mind. Used to use Event tyres (mobile van) but they're no longer around. constantly worried about the car when it goes in for work anywhere. Already had calipers chipped by my last place but couldnt confirm it.
my current focus is paying off the CC's for the last 3yrs worth of mods. should be easily good to get 'em paid off before spring but then at least a pair of cup2 tyres to be fitted ready for coming off winter rubber. Maybe a full set. Expecting brakes mid/late year, so likely end up 2peice discs. also wanting the genuine CF boot garnish, induction kit and a number of trackdays next year (more abingdon & donnie once i trust the car/brake system more). assuming i have same clutch issues again, then in about 15months i'll be doing the clutch for some type of SMF conversion.
Abingdon trackday in Sept should prove the dixcel Z rear pads are reliable enough and i'll have a load more confidence with the car for track (ab)use.

I am enjoying the car when it doesnt have issues. aside from clutch, it's actually been going well for me. I dont forsee any nessacery upgrade work now and all optional desires.

many temptations, and never enough money to do it...

I'm back from dealer, they've confirmed the issue and i'm sans CTR next week. at least i get their loaner. jazz or 10G civic i'm expecting. be interesting to see how it drives vs the CTR.

There's stuff I would love to do to the car and could easily order it all now and get it done out of the way but as said I'm not feeling it,
My commute is getting worse for slow drivers so most days it's 48mph all the way home and it's getting really tedious, I'm also thinking of fobbing my 2nd car off and replacing that with something that's useful for family and lumping stuff about.

Regarding your brakes, have you seen Tegiwas set on eBay, they're selling parts from their FK2,
Has the dealer confirmed it's a warranty job or is that something you won't know until it's stripped out

cant find any tegiwa brakes on ebay, no results. seen the rest of their kit and theres some temptation but not enough to sway me.
i think brakes are man enough; 800c pads all around now, rather than the 400c or whatever temp the pMu NS pads run. I wont know till September how they fair onthe track but should be fine - i do need to work on session times and heat management a bit better. i'm curious to how hot the transmission fluid gets on track when i can get oil over 130c. anyone know if the small few-row cooler at the front of the g'box is a transmission one?

dealer hasn't directly confirmed it's covered under warranty, but theres been no scare tactics of "if we pull it apart and it's not warranty, then you'll have to pay sir". sounds like their fairly confident it'll be same as last time and warranty. guess we'll see for sure next week. i cant see how it wont be warranty as anything i could do would be wear and thus it'd be worn out, slipping or possibly judder as it's overheated. i get none of that and it's just not dis-engaging properly again.

aside from it being summer time, you sound like me through winter. why bother with it. hope you get the love back for it...
slow drivers are such a pain in rushhour; just not enough space to pass them safety with oncoming traffic. atleast the FK2 isnt too bad on cruise fuel consumption vs equiv hot-hatches.

Last edited by a moderator:
ahh, fronts have been bomb proof for me (OEM discs & calipers, pMu HC800's & ATE typ200 fluid)
my woes have been rears, which after more hours than i care to think about of research appears to be mearly a temperature thing. If true it just adds more confidence to the fronts which were able to handle weak overheating rear.

wonder how they get the yellow's fitted. a quick search shows nothing FK2 specific, or products we've missed. only fk2 specific i've seen (off the top of my head) is the £4-5k APRacing kit.

There isn't a huge amount of room but I think you could go a little bigger, I'm not concerned about gearbox oil temps it's more engine oil temps on track but only options seem to be forge and hel, the greddy one for the fk8 looks nice but would have to find somewhere to mount it.

i was getting 15-20mins on track before oil was up at 130c. i use 130c as safe upper limit based on a quick search on synthetic engine oil temp limits. trackday was 21c ambient on a clear sunny day.
in-car temp&pressure gauge is accurate vs my stacks however i found that i'd have to make a conscious effort to look at the guages to know whats going on. my STACK guages are ontop of the dash and are the pro-control version that'll colour change and flash at you when things get out of hand.
in-car oil pressure guage has a 3-5sec smoothing delay vs the stack takeoff on an oil sandwich plate, so i'm glad i have the stack's. those few seconds and having the gauge turn red in your line of sight could save something expensive.

based on that 1 day, the engine oil temp seemed to be a good indicator on session time for pitting and getting a rest to let things cool off.

i'll be measuring g'box temp with IRgun just out of curiosity. like you damo, i doubt it'll be an issue as i've not experience or heard of issues with poor shifts, so that implies the oil is happy. at least all the plumbing is done if we do need to increase cooler size. i'm sure having a custom one knocked up wouldn't be too hard by the radiator repair places. bit of welding, same size/position threads, and double up on core rows...

At Silverstone with outside ambient temp at 26 I only saw 123 and I was doing 20 - 30 min sessions, at donnington where it was the same temp but there was a lot of wind I only saw 118, I'm at croft on the 1st so I'll measure gearbox temp to out of curiosity. Veehex how was it mounting a sandwich plate as it looks a tight fit? Engine oil cooler is definitely the next on my list of jobs, I read someone had the forge one fitted and it reduced temps by 15 - 20 degrees but unsure on how accurate that is

Has anyone had any experience removing the centre blade from the rear wing at all? Found out a friend knows someone who will make moulds of parts and has facilities to fabricate carbon parts so it’s looking a much cheaper option than the £1000 Hendy currently charge for the full thing from Honda... been toying with it for ages till I heard this any money I can keep in my pocket it’s a strong option but don’t know how fiddly it is, only noticed today that on the underside of the blade there seems to be small covers for what I assume are screws to hold it in place, prior to that I thought it was all one piece. Any help is appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t think there’s any standard “carbon” spoilers left in dealer networks.

Damn, they’ve all got the listing up still so assumed there was some floating about, the dealership did look up a price for me, even though I knew they wouldn’t be the cheapest option, but they didn’t come across as particularly knowledgeable (that’s me being pc) getting a blade fabricated may be the only option then

Damn, they’ve all got the listing up still so assumed there was some floating about, the dealership did look up a price for me, even though I knew they wouldn’t be the cheapest option, but they didn’t come across as particularly knowledgeable (that’s me being pc) getting a blade fabricated may be the only option then

Dreamauto

T.G.

Back