• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 FN2 Accessories?

edd

Which accessories for the FN2 are worth going for??

Im looking at getting the front and rear skirts but does anyone have any better real life photos of them? And are they dodgy add-on parts or do they replace the entire front and rear bumper?

Not sure if you guys realise this, but im from Australia and theyre bringing the FN2 here around july. Im one of the first ones (if not, THE first) to buy one. Theyre not giving us any GT models though so i might have to get the foglights too

Welcome edd!

Australia eh, you jammy git!! ;) :cool:

Here are some pics of the FN2 with the valances (courtesy of scousefella) if i were to buy an FN2 i'd defo have them, imo they should just be standard!

Attachments

• DSC03168.JPG
    DSC03168.JPG
    338.3 KB · Views: 148
  • DSC03169.JPG
    DSC03169.JPG
    338.8 KB · Views: 133
Way to go Jason, a most helpfull and constructive post :rolleyes:

I've ordered a red GT with the black splitter and diffuser plus the 19" Rage alloys. I think they look fantastic. Much nicer than an ST, VXR, FR, etc. I haven't yet seen them in the flesh but I'm sure they wil be stunning.:)

Which accessories for the FN2 are worth going for??

HOW ABOUT THE MILANO RED EP3 UPGRADE PACK:lol: :lol: :lol: , you get a good car that handles well, and goes quicker than the new one..........oh and you don't have to pay for the badges;) :D :lol: :lol:

Is there any chance sensible questions can be given sensible answers? :roll:

The guy asks a legitimate question, if you do not have an answer worth giving then get yourself over to General Chat and let your attempted humour free in there.

Thanks.

Welcome edd!

Australia eh, you jammy git!! ;) :cool:

Here are some pics of the FN2 with the valances (courtesy of scousefella) if i were to buy an FN2 i'd defo have them, imo they should just be standard!

Liking that black skirt thingy :)

- Kevin.

Top stuff edd!

Go for the skirts and the fog lights. The lights do finish off the front of the FN2 nicely imho. :)

I'm not too sure on the interior lighting pack - money better spent elsewhere. I guess parts from Japan are easier to get hold of; so lowering springs/new dampers could be on the plans to improve handling once the parts are available? I also presume your roads are better too.

I think us lot in Blighty are more jealous that you live in Australia rather than getting an FN2. Although we are currently drooling over the new JDM CTR coupe at the moment. :lol:

All the best mate. Keep us posted on how you get along in the new motor. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
lol well Australia is pretty quiet. especially if u live in Perth like me. so hopefully my mental looking FN2 can liven the place up

Neily: thanks for the pics. im really considering the skirts now. the rear skirt definately improves the look of that busy rear

dragonflyjade: i'd have to agree with the fogs and skirt. it kinda looks incomplete without them. they better not cost me a fortune. the FN2 here is already going to be more expensive than a gti, st or vxr which all sell at pretty reasonable prices here

...maybe i should ask insensible questions in hope of getting sensible answers? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't worry edd, most folks on here knocked the car before they drove it. Some still do. However most who have have had to admit it is a bloody good car. You will love it I am sure.

I would probably stick with the oem wheels myself, and then have a shop around for something different. I know it does look good rolling on 19's, but I still think that is a big rim, and personaly think 18's are as big as I'd ever go on a hatch. But of course that is me. If the offset and PCD is the same as the EP3, there is a vast choice out there so dare to be different and slap something else on.

Don't worry edd, most folks on here knocked the car before they drove it. Some still do. However most who have have had to admit it is a bloody good car.

Exactly the same thing happened with the EP3 when that came out too.

:rolleyes: IT WAS A JOKE!:rolleyes:
Seriously i like the FN2, its a bit Spaceshippy but i think the intention was there for it to be a great car. But when i test drove one i think it just fell short of the mark and didn't give me the same feeling as when i first got my EP3. Have to say though, does look good with the fogs and rim upgrades.

:rolleyes: IT WAS A JOKE!:rolleyes:

Seriously i like the FN2, its a bit Spaceshippy but i think the intention was there for it to be a great car. But when i test drove one i think it just fell short of the mark and didn't give me the same feeling as when i first got my EP3. Have to say though, does look good with the fogs and rim upgrades.

Agree, the FN2 didn't put a smile on my face like the EP3 did, I was left wanting more from the car that unfortunatley it just didn't deliver.

Its a good rep car though, fully laden with toys and cruise control, just not the hot hatch I thought it would have been.

Natural progression for me I think is going to be a DC5.

The point is Jason and Mr York of New, is there are threads in here where you have the opportunity to post your views on the car; the test drive thread for example. However a new member has posted asking for advice and opinions on a specific subject, NOt your opinions on how the car looks or drives, and he gets flippant remarks back, or so it came accross. It may have been ment as a joke, but all we ask is to think a little first as a courtesy.

Now perhaps we can get back on topic :D.

Back