• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Following my service at TGM

j

Banned
My steering wheel is slightly on the wonk after TGM re-did my fast road set-up.

Has anyone else had this?, Can Tom fix it?

I did not have this after APB set it up a few years ago.

Yes I have the same problem, mine is ever so slightly pointing more to the right, apparently it can be fixed.

I had the same after fast road setup. Can be sorted but I just got used to it :lol:

Just shows you how awful the setup of the cars are at Honda

Yup got this as well after TGM setup, its only slightly off centre, I'm sure Tom can centre it if you ask him. :cool:

Remove airbag, and theres a large nut. This is what holds the wheel onto the spline, if you make sure your wheels are centre, undo the nut but leave it on a few turns, then hit the wheel (airbag removed first!) and knock it off the spline, you can move it over one or two notches til its centre, and then repeat the process.

Make sure you disconnect your battery for 15 minutes before removing airbag. Undo the yellow sensor, then the airbag (Airbag is held in by two ''star'' bolts). Undo these (do not need to take them all the way out) and rock it free.

Will take 20 minutes top, very easy and will centre your wheel :cool:

Remove airbag, and theres a large nut. This is what holds the wheel onto the spline, if you make sure your wheels are centre, undo the nut but leave it on a few turns, then hit the wheel (airbag removed first!) and knock it off the spline, you can move it over one or two notches til its centre, and then repeat the process.

Make sure you disconnect your battery for 15 minutes before removing airbag. Undo the yellow sensor, then the airbag (Airbag is held in by two ''star'' bolts). Undo these (do not need to take them all the way out) and rock it free.

Will take 20 minutes top, very easy and will centre your wheel :cool:

or if you're into having an exploding cushion in your face leave it ... :lol: (no really, remove it! :eek: )

Anyway, on the note of slightly off centre steering wheel ; if you look at your alignment printout that Tom should have given you, he's not putting the same camber on both side. When I looked into it after my first service I found out that it was to cater for the road driving (ie more right hander + driver on the right=more constant weight=suspension wearing out quicker).. makes sense to me. But nothing to worry about.

I had this, it's no biggie. I got tom to sort it when I was last there getting my car serviced

yes it not that much of a problem. Just annoys me sometimes on the wrong stretch of road.

I sm sure I will see tom soon if not I can wait till next service next year.:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back