• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Forget performance... best SOUNDING induction?

I'd heard the Typhoon, hondata, ITG and Gruppe M and I went for the AEM CAI. CAI Sounded better than the Typhoon, and a different noise to the M... the ITG was quiet, not much louder than hondata. M sounded a more metallic and tinny to me, CAI was a nice low growl, as was the typhoon but wasn't quite as loud I don't think.

Though it may come across biased as sn owner of one; I like the ARC.

When one eases off of the accerlator and allows the revs to decrease without applying the brakes, the metallic hiss is almost as savage as the actual induction noise.

It also has this very nice hum when the car is idling.

Very sick stuff..

Last edited by a moderator:
Though it may come across biased as sn owner of one; I like the ARC.

When one eases off of the accerlator and allows the revs to decrease without applying the brakes, the metallic hiss is almost as savage as the actual induction noise.

Very sick stuff..

A rare sound now to boot too. I've heard an ARC on a DC5 and sounded immense :D

My AEM used to make an awesome sound as you turned off the engine. Obviously the last bit of air going into the intake as you shut down, sounded great.

The gruppe m sounds gay imo...took mine off and sold it due to the noise. The aem cai is better. But as said several times, gains aside, the blitz sonic is the most unique sounding kit on the CTR imo, frikkin crazy yamaha r1 sounding thing.

I will say AEM V2 for now.
But just got a typhoon of the bay for 78 quid so I will post again when I've got it fitted.
I know there's no power gains from the typhoon but all I want is the noise so I hope it will be good.

GruppeM for me. Only one ive heard though, other than standard!

i have a K and N typhoon on my ep3 and it sounds amazing . but then again i have not heard any other . so its the typhoon for me !

how can you buy a type-r and say forget performance lool if you want just noise go buy yourself a saxo with 2 big bean cans on the end of it haha

lol, because the sound that induction kits give on a k20 are awesome! i miss the change over noise the gruppeM makes massively

i know the noise is immense but still..... performance or noise? id choose performance all day long instead of losing power for a nice growl lol

well when something costs you £30 why not? you complete spanner, plus i never said i wanted the induction for sound, just wanted to know if it was any good... so whatever you just tried failed mate... anyways not hijacking the post, so this is my last comment!

Back