• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Forum Shoutbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suits

First to flounce
Something I have seen on other Forums is a type of 'Shoutbox' that sits on the main Forum Index page and allows user to just type something and post it in the box, could be anything, from weather, mood, or just basic announcements.

Kind of like a status update thing.

It displays only the last few messages but by scrolling down you can view all other entries.

I know this has the potential to be absolutely abused, but it also has the possibility of being fun and informative.

It looks like this...

Shoutbox.jpg

The forum I have seen it on in the past is a SimplePortal software, so not too sure if its available on vBulletin.

Yeah, I has this on another forum, the number of threads dropped :lol:

I wouldn't be so bad on here though IMO. Although drunk posts would be LOL. ie, Scouse.

This will just end up full of abuse, but I think it'll be fun.
We used to have one on another site I used to use & you had to have a certain post count to use/view it so as not to upset general public.

I personally think that i'll just end up with FOAD, GTFO etc in the box a lot. Never the less, we will have a chat about it in Modsville.

It will get abuse at first, then everyone will settle down. Well everyone apart from dotty.

I'll add one shortly, abuse will result in a grumpy Al :smt093

If it adds to much load onto the server I'll have to remove it too, but we'll see how we go :)

Would it be possible to have it as a pop-out?

I may be able to knock together some code to do something along those lines if we decide to go ahead with it on a permanent basis. While its being tested I'm not going to the effort of it though :lol:

thanks for the hard work al, and without wishing to offend. that shoutbox is w@nk and got to go. looks budget as fcuk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back