• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Fuel economy/miles to a tank...?

Just like the DC5 really but the steering feels a but numb and you can't put the power on as early coming out of a corner/roundabout or you'll just spin up the inside front and understeer.

I don't understand how some people are only getting 220ish miles a tank, you must be hitting VTEC all the time! I regularly get 320 from a tank, that involves my commute to work and back with is a 30 mile round trip, and thats going 80 ish down the motorway, and also evening and weekend driving where i regularly hit VTEC. The tank is 50 litres isn't it not 45?

Also, one other thing, is anyone or has anyone experienced problems with their fuel gauge, when mine drops below half, it becomes really temperamental, i'll turn the car off with half a tank left and turn it back on and the gauge is showing empty, when i know full well it's not. Any ideas?

I regularly get 320 from a tank

That's what I would expect...I am in the process of selling my Impreza STi Prodrive and looking for a nice FN2 to get in to. I get about 240 from a tankful, although the tank is slightly bigger at 60 litres. I am hoping that a CTR is pretty economical compared to my animal.

MilanoFox - the gauge is just that...a gauge. :lol:

I've learnt to live with it. I get 300 to the tank but use the trip counter to monitor any discrepancies and engine health. The cold weather hit economy hard which I can only put down to the car running rich for longer in order to get up to temperature.

I get pretty close to 300 to a tank, which'll last me 6 weeks or maybe more ( drive the van everyday :D ) out of the EP3.

Best I got was nearly 400 miles out of my S2000 - Guildford to Nurburgring! God knows how as we weren't holding back! Nice European traffic-free motorways!

Best I got was nearly 400 miles out of my S2000 - Guildford to Nurburgring! God knows how as we weren't holding back! Nice European traffic-free motorways!

Fcuuuuk.

I was getting terrible MPG when we all went to Germany in my S2000.

Constantly sitting at like 90/100mph with an old VTEC engine meant my MPG was pathetic, compared to the OEM mapped i-VTEC engines in the DC5's I was with.

Commute to work 8 mile round trip i get 310 miles a week (mostly town driving). Last time i went long distance i got 350 from a tank but that was with an extra 150kg.

Commute to work 8 mile round trip i get 310 miles a week (mostly town driving). Last time i went long distance i got 350 from a tank but that was with an extra 150kg.

I don't think i've ever seen 350 from my tank. Only ever put about 40 quid in max and i always get between 25 & 28 mpg. I think i've a concrete foot.

Used to regularly see 260, but that's doing a 24 mile round trip each day to/from on A/B roads with stop/start traffic in places. Best I saw was 305. Worst was 208, but that was driving like an 'tard on late night abuse sessions.

Currently seeing 360+ at the moment, but that's efficient German motoring for you. Nein!

Was on the light for about 5 miles and I've just stuck 40 litres in. Let's see how far it goes.

202 miles and just under 1/2 left :) 100% town driving.

IMG_0195.jpg

Yes. The needle on the left is my speed and the one right is how long it's taken to get to said speed :)

nowhere near enough miles to a tank i know that much.
i can be forgiven as im still in the early stages of my vtec love affair. he he he

310 normally a tank but i did get 180 last fill up after blasting round Donnington :twisted:

Was on the light for about 5 miles and I've just stuck 40 litres in. Let's see how far it goes.

The above was on the 20th and i'll need to put more in tonight. Done a total of 230 miles. That's not too good but is the same as normal really. Think it works out to about 26 mpg.

The above was on the 20th and i'll need to put more in tonight. Done a total of 230 miles. That's not too good but is the same as normal really. Think it works out to about 26 mpg.

I'm getting 24 with my charger now! :lol: :twisted:

Back