• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Fuel economy/miles to a tank...?

I've started using Sainsburys fuel as the price has dropped and I am actually getting about 20 - 30 miles more out of a tank. The car is also driving a lot smoother. My EP3 is not remapped so have always used 95 Ron. I have been getting around 300 miles out of a tank the last few times.

It varies for me as I only use my EP3 on the weekends so any excuse to hit VTEC! around 220-250 maybe more if doing motorway. Normal Shell fuel.

Not an ep3 but interesting to see the difference....(dc5)

Mixed driving most on motorway though, 'making the most of the open road'...

Pretty good return on a full take of vpower

8B8AF57F-F9F9-4538-8236-3C46AA7F8F36-7897-000007F3A4D89368_zpsd761a947.jpg

I believe that one of the key things to consider in order to save fuel is "throttle position" at all times. Anyone who tries to but cant manage 300 miles on a standard & well serviced K20 is using too much throttle. Simple. (Granted, motorways easier than towns etc) I admit not using VTEC or accelerating hard is boring but so is the whole subject of fuel economy.

Remember the old BMW MPG gauges....?

Last edited by a moderator:
EP3 Fuel economy/miles to a tank...?

Now mapped anywhere between 200-275 from full to light. All depends how heavy my right foot becomes, as not a daily tend to lean towards to 200 mark more :)

This 118d Sport Beemer we have got as a courtesy car is getting 67mpg in Economy, and 52mpg with the Sport Button pressed.

This 118d Sport Beemer we have got as a courtesy car is getting 67mpg in Economy, and 52mpg with the Sport Button pressed.

If my work wasn't 3 miles away I'd have to think about a 118d but as it stands I could have a V8 for my daily :)

EP3 Fuel economy/miles to a tank...?

When company car renewal is up I'd be looking at a 116d. Cheap on tax and efficient.

Re: EP3 Fuel economy/miles to a tank...?

32.4 on the way down to Wicksteed. Not even half a tank.

That was with the ambient temp being -2 for the first hour and a half too, so it would have been chucking more fuel in with the dense air. :)

32.4 on the way down to Wicksteed. Not even half a tank.

That was with the ambient temp being -2 for the first hour and a half too, so it would have been chucking more fuel in with the dense air. :)

By the time I got to the petrol station near home.

IMAG0956.jpg

It actually worked out at 32.6mpg when done properly. Not too bad. :lol:

It took 45 litres to brim it again and the light had been on for about 15 miles.

150 miles +/- to £30 of 95 ron unleaded at 136.9....about 31.2mpg with mixed driving....considering what the car is...not too bad IMO

Back