• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Fuel Filter (re Corsa).

My Missus' Corsa was serviced 2-3 weeks ago, and recently the car has been losing epic fuel from fuel filter.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't they change this at the service?

I've read that it seems to be a common problem (leaking from filter), but surely this should have been noticed upon service?

Is this correct?

What year Corsa is it? And is it the major service?
I only ask because I was about to change my gf's on her petrol '02 plate and reading up on it on the corsa forum it's a right ball ache and alot of people have cocked it up and had to take it to a garage to have done (or take it to a garage rather than attempt it) but I never saw that it was common on them.

But if it was obvious at the time of service that it was leaking they should have notified you, if the fuel filter weren't due to be changed they just do a quick scan around the engine bay and would have missed it which could be their arguement to get out of being tits and resembling Kwik Fit technicians.

I was under the impression they need replacing every 40k. I will have to check my gf's service manual tonight for you mate, but I wouldn't have thought it was every service as they have to depressurize the fuel system (sounds hard but probably simple) and some other crappy jobs at the same time

Oh right, cheers mate, probably explains why it may not have been changed.

De-pressurize = Remove fuel pump fuse, start engine, stall it, done! :D

That simple lol knew it would be.
I bought a fuel filter from Halfrauds for next to nothing for her Corsa, if you are feeling confident have go yourself mate. I won't be as it took me half hour to work out their oil filters don't look like the filters I'm used to lol.

certainly won't have been changed on a small service. depending on the car sometimes fuel filters are changed every large service, or every other large service.

cheers.

Back