• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Around £47 to fill mine with tescos super, I get 2 weeks out of that as well.
I was well chuffed with that as my fn2 was weekly top ups

Same here.

I was filling my FD2 and ep3 up every week and now its just every 2 weeks on the FK2.

Will pay for itself in a few years. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Can any of you 2 confirm that the FK2 has a bigger fuel tank than the FK8?
Everywhere I'm reading says the FK2 has a 50 litre tank, so almost a gallon more.
Maybe potential weight saving on the FK8.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can any of you 2 confirm that the FK2 has a bigger fuel tank than the FK8?
Everywhere I'm reading says the FK2 has a 50 litre tank, so almost a gallon more.
Maybe potential weight saving on the FK8.
I would imagine that there excatly the same mate.

The FK2 and FK8 both top out at 169 MPH dont they?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I would imagine that there excatly the same mate.

The FK2 and FK8 both top out at 169 MPH dont they?
Not according to what ive read about the FK2.
The FK8 definitely has a 46 litre tank, but online specs say the FK2 has 50 litres.

Official figures.
FK2 = 167 or 168mph depending on where you read it.
FK8 = 169mph

Not according to what ive read about the FK2.
The FK8 definitely has a 46 litre tank, but online specs say the FK2 has 50 litres.

Official figures.
FK2 = 168mph
FK8 = 169mph

The FK2 has the fuel tank under the front seat area, but in the FK8 it's under the rear seat area. Presumably a 46 litre tank is all that would fit.

The supposed advantage is that the front seats can be mounted lower than before. I've never driven an FK2 so have no idea how this compares in reality.

Fk2 has a 50 litre tank because it’s not as much of a race car

28c2f0187023b3466964b6aa58024bd1.jpg

Top speed

fk8 169 mph
Fk2 168 mph

The FK2 has the fuel tank under the front seat area, but in the FK8 it's under the rear seat area. Presumably a 46 litre tank is all that would fit.

The supposed advantage is that the front seats can be mounted lower than before. I've never driven an FK2 so have no idea how this compares in reality.

The seating position if over 6ft tall is a significant advantage in the fk8.

More like the fk8 has a smaller tank so it doesn't travel too far from the dealer

Funny you say that as I saw this on SM earlier.

761cabfb1625f49c4cb9cc3c139039ef.jpg

” had the exact same problem with mine but I also had a problem with it not going into first at all mine was at honda for like a month because the warranty department didn't want to pay saying drivers fault when I had only had it a matter of weeks in the end the dealership rebuilt it free of charge took about a month though very frustrating”

—————————

I read of a lot more issues popping up on the 2 than I do on the 8.

That being said I had 2 x faultless 2’s and a significant issue in my 8 in the first 6 months.

For what it’s worth it’s been as a good as gold since ..

Yeah I've also noticed a few box issues popping up but they do seem to be 2016 upwards, the 2015 fk2s have so far been near faultless (touch wood), once Honda shipped the gearbox work stateside after first batches went out the problems started to surface.
I still don't understand why they have the boxes made over there

Nice colour though, I've yet to hear any of his clips,
I think he played it well though offering his car as a donor to all these tuners for freebies

Back