• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

I just came out if the supermarket to find two 50+ gents on there haunches looking at my cars rear third..... my heart dropped out my ar5e and I blurted out "oh no have you hit me" to which they laughed and said no was just checking it out, was the first the had seen and they love it! Next thing one of the gents 10 year old grandson is giving me the cars stats and I gratefully let him have a seat in the drivers.

Who knew a humble old civic would make me feel like a super car owner :asw:

Probably the comfort mode drew them in

No it was actually the multi link independent rear suspension and lower seating position, not to mention the extra 10bhp....:D

Regarding getting used to the looks of the FK8 and not seeing it as outrageous anymore....whenever I see a regular 10G model now I think the rear actually looks odd without the wing. :)

100% it almost looks unfinished! Tell you what though hardly seen any down south, so many previous gen but hardly any 10's

Other way around up here in Manchester. I see the 10 front end hoping for my first wild sighting of the R, only to be let down time and time again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Other way around up here in Manchester. I see the 10 front end hoping for my first wild sighting of the R, only to be let down time and time again

^This. Not actually seen one that wasn't sat on a dealer forecourt.

f9a8ea3dbedd26bd6a71f9deab3ed301.jpg

https://youtu.be/SnCF4KRqohY

Thanks for sharing. I think the delay on this isn't particularly promising. From what I've been told (could be rubbish if anybody knows any better) is that Eventuri are defining what claims to make on the intake. Given its way over expected delivery dates, I wonder whether they are having problems with the bouche ECU modifying negatively when it is seeing higher air flow?

Why is the new Cupra R so expensive? :eek:
Does this make it the most expensive FWD car on sale?
Yes there's only 24 of them coming to the UK and all sold.....but maybe Seat worried they couldn't sell more than that at the price. :lol:
Seriously though.....that is a very high price for what you get - £1470 more than an FK8 GT after the recent list price rise.
Is it simply an exclusivity thing with Seat knowing the fanboys will pay it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Was always cheering for the evo when they faced off every other week against the scooby and even though never driven one still think they are a proper special car. Ours looks a bit silly compared side by side like that!! :(

My Evo looked just as silly as my Type-R :)

7lLLcmo.jpg

Back