• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Shxt. I thought there would be a proper plug to plug straight in. Is it the same with the floor leds?

Usually centre console out job, you do get a step by step guide.
Being a genuine Honda part your dealer can fit it for a fee and warrant the part

Had my test drive Saturday.

I was pleasantly surprised. We've all read everything about the car etc etc but I was so surprised how well it rides. yes the car is stiff but it's so well damped, I was half expecting the R+ to be harsh but even in that it was fine on the roads near me.

I think the touch screen could be better but other than that it would tick all my boxes.

Did I buy one - No. Would I if I wasn't being made redundant at the end of March - probably.

Sonic Grey, Carbon spoiler, illumination pack, service pack and something else on it. It came in at £12k down, £185 a month and £13k left at the end. That wasn't any haggling etc but I had to go through the process.

Even with 13k at the end the car in 3 years would probably be worth more but who can tell?

If all goes well and I get a job straight away then it's definitely on the cards.

Three years is a long time.... just go for it :p

Is £185 a month correct? Seems very low.

Yeah it's due to the big deposit.

ha ha, if the redundancy wasn't happening I probably would. I can't take the chance though until I have a job lined up. Just wouldn't be smart (got a mortgage to pay).

Yeah it's due to the big deposit.

ha ha, if the redundancy wasn't happening I probably would. I can't take the chance though until I have a job lined up. Just wouldn't be smart (got a mortgage to pay).

I will be paying £314 a month on a £10K deposit. Didn't appreciate how much lower monthly payments would be with just £2K more upfront. Might tweak the figures a little...

Had my test drive Saturday.

I was pleasantly surprised. We've all read everything about the car etc etc but I was so surprised how well it rides. yes the car is stiff but it's so well damped, I was half expecting the R+ to be harsh but even in that it was fine on the roads near me.

I think the touch screen could be better but other than that it would tick all my boxes.

Did I buy one - No. Would I if I wasn't being made redundant at the end of March - probably.

Sonic Grey, Carbon spoiler, illumination pack, service pack and something else on it. It came in at £12k down, £185 a month and £13k left at the end. That wasn't any haggling etc but I had to go through the process.

Even with 13k at the end the car in 3 years would probably be worth more but who can tell?

If all goes well and I get a job straight away then it's definitely on the cards.

sorry mate those figures cant be right. thats a total of 31,660 for the car plus the extras plus 5.9%. That would mean you paying about 29k for the car with the extras . No way they would do that
Im paying 212 pm on a 2 year deal with 12k deposit

I will be paying £314 a month on a £10K deposit. Didn't appreciate how much lower monthly payments would be with just £2K more upfront. Might tweak the figures a little...

Did you consider personal loan over a longer period, 10k down £314 a month and then 15k? At 3years (3 years catches a few people out, before they know it they have to cough up 15k and either hand back or loan it).
At least with a loan you're paying it off from the get go

sorry mate those figures cant be right. thats a total of 31,660 for the car plus the extras plus 5.9%. That would mean you paying about 29k for the car with the extras . No way they would do that
Im paying 212 pm on a 2 year deal with 12k deposit

That is weird then.

That was the screen that he showed me and then gave me the 13k figure for the final payment, well 13,6 something.

Looks like he was a d!ck and done it wrong then.

Just looked at the numbers myself & they're b0llocks.

List price for what I want is 36,250 + service pack. If you say 37.

Yeah, 12k down is then repayment of 27,500 (according to an interest calculator 5.6% adds 2.5k almost). So £300 a month would leave 16,700 ish final payment

Yeah that seems more like the figure. Sorry to rain on your parade mate.

Ha ha that's fine.

He physically showed me the screen that said 36 months @ 185 after I put in an extra 5k deposit to get it to 12k.

Salesmen are all tw@ts. Still would buy one though.

I can see myself getting one in 2-3 years when some of the cars are handed back to the dealers. Nice 1 owner example with low miles would do me nicely.

Are Honda taking the biscuit a gave a cheque on Tuesday 12th they say I could pick the car up on Thursday I said I’ll come on Friday on my day off. The funds have cleared only to be told I have to wait for 10 working days. Any advice guys?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did they give any reason for the delay?

Say something like they have left you in a position that you don't have transport due to their delays on handing over your car. They should give you temporary transport because they are at fault for failing to provide you your car at the agreed time.

Back