• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

So if the engine is the same in the new car, that would surely mean mapping / tuning options filtering back for the FK2?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'd guess that you'd need the 10th Gen's ECU and the same exhaust system?

I'd guess that you'd need the 10th Gen's ECU and the same exhaust system?
Sure the blurb said it was just an ECU tweak but the engine and gearbox had been carried forward

I think it does, there was pictures floating around a few wks ago showing the interior.

I'm not keen looking at this picture, not sure if it's the angle but the bonnet scoop looks like it's been tamed down

CTR 10 now became a sedan, no more hatchback

Sure the blurb said it was just an ECU tweak but the engine and gearbox had been carried forward

Yeah but it's unlikely they'll allow anyone to unlock it or have the required software to do it.

Totally different ECU in the FK2, Hondata are struggling to crack it, coming on 2yrs & still no joy, the new one is easier apparently

Wel it's certainly dividing opinions, just like the FK2 did. I personally like the look of it, albeit a bit over styled in my opinion, even more so than the FK2. For example those ridiculous looking scoops on top of the rear window; the bonnet scoop placement which would make more sense on a boxer, and the 2 giant grills at the rear; no thanks. As an overall view on the car though to me it looks far too much like a WRX, especially from the front, even my misses said the same.

I'm happy it's only 10HP quicker too, I'd of been gutted had it been on the 340-360BHP range.

For me the FK2 will be the enthusiasts option. It will be rarer due to the limited production run, and it's also the first turbo charged Civic Type R produced, im still happy with my FK2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Totally different ECU in the FK2, Hondata are struggling to crack it, coming on 2yrs & still no joy, the new one is easier apparently

What's the source of this info? It seems off to have a newer ECU that is easier to crack, considering the encryption appears so strong on the FK2 one.

It's mapped to 98RON in the UK and Europe by all accounts and that's why the small uplift.

95RON and 310PS for US.

As per Sedge on Twitter who is there at Geneva at the minute.

Re ECU, that's what I've been told and I can't remember where TBH, it might have been assumed as the other 10G ECUs aren't the Bosch type found in the FK2.

New car is FK8 chassis code. I'll start a new section in a bit!

72df9df6b13f0a863f71675f3a81ebb8.jpg

Seats for chubby Americans, a dash of carbon under the bonnet, a slightly better position for the airbox. Wheels so big with rubber so low-profile even glance at a pot hole and you'll damage them and a 90s Scooby scoop. #improvements.

Perhaps the FK2 seats will make it into the final production car?

I like the engine bay, not sure it's actually carbon though, there was talks of carbon "styled" plastic being used on the outside trims, real carbon would be serious £££.
20" rims could be nice, I wonder if they've kept the same spec

The ECU, I'm pretty sure it was mentioned from TDI originally, being Bosch it's hard to crack to be fully tuneable, the new ECU was mentioned but I can't remember the brand but easy to break apparently

Last edited by a moderator:
New Civic Type R

Loads of comments on various forums and social media.

This sums it up >

64b9dcaaf57da5ca49da80d70b320973.jpg

Also add anyone running a cheap diesel ***** box as a commuter (that has made reference to how terrible the FK8 is) to the above.

Envy is a cruel mistress.

Loads of comments on various forums and social media.

This sums it up >

64b9dcaaf57da5ca49da80d70b320973.jpg

Also add anyone running a cheap diesel ***** box as a commuter (that has made reference to how terrible the FK8 is) to the above.

Envy is a cruel mistress.

So true. Mind you I owned a Lada Riva once (don't ask!). I'd much rather have that then an FK8!

Jap stuff in general has never been dull or play safe. Personally glad someone is designing something a bit different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the engine bay, not sure it's actually carbon though, there was talks of carbon "styled" plastic being used on the outside trims, real carbon would be serious £££.
20" rims could be nice, I wonder if they've kept the same spec

The ECU, I'm pretty sure it was mentioned from TDI originally, being Bosch it's hard to crack to be fully tuneable, the new ECU was mentioned but I can't remember the brand but easy to break apparently
I would expect they could be optional extras like the carbon blade on the rear wing.

Back