• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Someone with tiny boots.

He seems distracted by something a lot of the time.

:lol:

Over on his right? Like he's checking the mirror or something. Most likely a timing box with a reference lap time on it?

Just had chance to watch it with audio. I think the glancing across would have been to a data-logger showing coolant/oil temps etc as you can't see a gauge on the dash anywhere. Unless he didn't know where he was going and he was looking at a map. :lol:

265 kph at one point on the main straight, 164 mph.

Great, I want one, but it won't happen.

I could afford to bud, but that's not the plan for the money unfortunately.

Does anyone know which tyres FK2 used on record lap?
New one used Michelin Cup 2, which were also on Clubsport S and Cupra, I believe.

I was led to believe the FK2 used the Conti Sport Contact 6.
I also heard somewhere, rightly or wrongly, the Sport Contact 6 was designed as joint effort between Conti and Honda specifically for the Type R so as to smash the Ring time.

Be interested to know if either of these statements are hearsay or true.

They did team up, tyres were limited for a while before going public.

I think with this being completely new, there's going to be plenty of recalls, probably worth waiting a yr or 2 before jumping on one. I know there's some issues being reported over on civinfo on the standard 10g

I saw a car transporter full of these on the M4 this morning. No pics sadly as I was driving.

Pretty sure that's the one I saw.

I'm on it most days and it's more often moving than not thankfully.

Back