• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Nice on mate.
I've just had a good look over the black one in Chelmsford. Very nice (wish it was in blue that I have ordered ) . One thing I have noticed and didn't like was how much movement there is in the front and rear carbon effect bits. A little pressure on them and they really move. Way to much in my opinion and what happened to the rear and one of the cup holders ? They are not there. It has to be a really good test drive or I can see me getting the a45amg.
Plus I don't like the front seats like my fk2. But all that said the fk8 is stunning to look at

Yes, totally agree, the carbon effect parts were very flexible to the touch - too much as you say. Whether that's to have some flex in so they don't snap off at a meeting with a kerb or a crossing pheasant I am not sure..

I borrowed my local dealers demo for the day.

A whole day??! Nice.

I know what you mean about being Dull initially, I did expect more fireworks but as I got more into the drive it was all the other elements coming together as I say. Also coming from a 14 year old Mk1 RS it was always going to be quicker to me! Correct on the modes, couldn't see myself going into Sport or Comfort ever.

Also does the engine loosen up with a few K under the belt like as you have the FK2?

ooooh yeahh!!!|gonna check over on Civicx see if the yanks got them....

Hmmm....3 demos, all black. Wonder if they have seen the criticism of the looks and chose the colour that blends in the fake vents front and back, skits etc so we don't go running for the hills...

I borrowed my local dealers demo for the day.

Unlike the chap above I thought it was a bit dull at first (to drive). Comfort and Sport modes are both pointless in my opinion--I drove it almost exclusively in +R mode. It is definitely more comfortable in Comfort mode, but +R mode is very plush and the damping is very smooth. It's nothing like +R mode in the FK2. However, in +R mode, the throttle rsponse is not as good as the FK2 in +R mode, it's not as sharp, which was surprising.

The exhaust is a bit quiet until you properly boot it and at the top end of the rev range makes a really cool noise--you can hear the centre small pipe working.

Am I going to buy one?

Yes

Am I going to chop in my FK2 for one?

Undecided....

Anyway, here are some pics:

20170810_135335_zpsiznzhupk.jpg

20170810_135350_zpsrorakjmx.jpg

20170810_140013_zpstfqaialu.jpg

20170810_135401_zpsewrgquh6.jpg

20170810_135318_zpsumbmmgsk.jpg

20170810_140553_zpstr0bebrh.jpg

20170810_135934_zpsmcosk40h.jpg

I hate the plastic carbon:

20170810_135636_zps8tcr2bxx.jpg

Chris.

I really, really want one. I'm not booking a test drive because I know what will happen. :lol:

I really, really want one. I'm not booking a test drive because I know what will happen. :lol:

I did that, and that's why I'm going nowhere near it. I'll shed a little tear when I see the first one on the road.

Afternoon all, just joined up so 1st post here......maybe should be in the the Introduction section but all my questions are FK8 applicable.

Currently eyeing up the FK8 as a possible replacement for my Mk3 Focus RS. Plenty about the Type R appeals (useable boot, suspension, way better interior), just wondering the following really:

1) Does anyone know if there is a huge waiting list if an order was to be placed in the next month or so? I've been through the waiting for a year routine with the RS and really don't want to go down that route again.

2) Anyone else coming from the MK3 RS? Its a tough choice, the RS is a great car but slightly over-hyped. You have to drive the wheels of it to be 'fun' and it gets a bit tiresome. The Type R seems a better everyday driver?

Really liking the reviews from the test drives this week, keep em coming!
:D

Hey Loafer,

Very interested to hear you are potentially coming from an Mk3 RS!! Its the car that is just always at the back of my mind of whether I should get that instead. But no I keep bleating on but the overall package for me makes the Type R the winner. One thing you will miss though is the exhaust....no pops and bangs....just sounds like a dyson on full chat.

No, not a huge waiting list was my impression. When I did the paperwork yesterday at Honda the manager didn't realise that I had pre-ordered so he told me second week in Sept onwards as its a new order. As I had pre-ordered and have a chassis number they gave me a slightly earlier date of the 8th which I am sure will slip but seems to indicate not the waiting lists like the RS I am sure.

Mathew B - looking fwd to hearing about your test drive sir. I was looking at 2nd hand AMG 45s but couldn't make it work.

Brand new A45amg bottom of the range £34900 or very high spec £41500. On a pcp they cost the same with £10,000 down over 2 years . Carwow is very good

Do you have your chassis number as they still dont have mine and that was ordered 8 weeks ago

Brand new A45amg bottom of the range £34900 or very high spec £41500. On a pcp they cost the same with £10,000 down over 2 years . Carwow is very good

Do you have your chassis number as they still dont have mine and that was ordered 8 weeks ago

Just checked me paperwork and no...I don't....although he defo said I did!!

How was the test drive?

Hey Loafer,

Very interested to hear you are potentially coming from an Mk3 RS!! Its the car that is just always at the back of my mind of whether I should get that instead. But no I keep bleating on but the overall package for me makes the Type R the winner. One thing you will miss though is the exhaust....no pops and bangs....just sounds like a dyson on full chat.

No, not a huge waiting list was my impression. When I did the paperwork yesterday at Honda the manager didn't realise that I had pre-ordered so he told me second week in Sept onwards as its a new order. As I had pre-ordered and have a chassis number they gave me a slightly earlier date of the 8th which I am sure will slip but seems to indicate not the waiting lists like the RS I am sure.

Thats good to know re: delivery. Need to drive the Civic before I make any firm choice about the RS. I've got my eye on Polished Metal Metallic (GT spec) and if it drives well then it'll all just come down to making the figures work!

The RS soundtrack is the best thing about it, and the witchcraft they've managed with the handling but otherwise.....I have to drive it in Race mode to make it any fun to drive on a daily basis. Its also remapped by Mountune and still its almost too composed, apart from the ride which if you aren't pushing on can be a bit tiresome.
But the quality just isn't there for a 34k motor, there have been issues with all sorts of components on them and its making me question my choice.

Hey Loafer,

Mathew B - looking fwd to hearing about your test drive sir. I was looking at 2nd hand AMG 45s but couldn't make it work.

Being nosey. Are you financing the car or outright payment ? Just wondering what honda are offering in the way of financing one (if you are)

The test drive was good. I did have to take it out twice *** to get the feel of it.
As others said comfort mode makes you feel sea sick not to much point in sport but the type r button works very well. I was worried about the seats but in the second drive they were lovely. Shame about the fake carbon bits but they can always be changed at a later date.
My delivery is showing up as the 29th of this month but not holding my breath.
In my opinion what a stunning looking car

Back