• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Sure the FK2 has tyre roar and some turbo whistle, its not a quiet relaxing place to be but its not noisy. Again, i'm sure the FK8 will be much the same in this respect, but with squishier suspension.

Honda cabin noise has always been a thing. They've never been quiet cars, even the "luxury" models like the Legend.

You may be disappointed. The engine and car is basically the same. I'm sure the new suspension with 'comfort' setting will help a ton with errr, comfort though.

I don't understand your motorway noise comment. Sure the FK2 has tyre roar and some turbo whistle, its not a quiet relaxing place to be but its not noisy. Again, i'm sure the FK8 will be much the same in this respect, but with squishier suspension.

More the exhaust note than engine sorry. By all accounts the new setup improves this, but again until I've driven one I can't be sure. I found the FK2 a bit boomy on the test drive whilst on motorway. Much better than the M200, but that's not my daily. It's all subjective, but if the FK8 addresses these bits for me, then I'm in.

... and so the stance tardiness begins :smt078

11205059_1389327997789289_605287369159854483_n_zpsrbueikrh.jpg

Its just a render.

The nose-cone little intake vents neat though.

Comparison CTR FK8 vs Seat Leon Cupra on track in France. Sorry being in french
Hear the lap time: FK8 2 min 33s Seat Leon Cupra 3 min 31s

[video=youtube;Cz_0rTX6uEc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cz_0rTX6uEc[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
I am pretty sure they are divided within a second.

2min and 0.33sec for the CTR and 2min and 0.91sec for the Cupra.

Unless they crashed the Cupra while lapping the circuit, 1 minute difference between those 2 cars is not possible on a 2 minute track.

Chiswick Honda get their Demo on 11th Aug - bit later than I was hoping. Anyone else who has ordered have a date for the test drive?

Chelmsford honda thought there's was coming this week sometime but still won't be able to test drive for a couple of weeks

Honda personalised content thing starting on twitter and FB.

Got ours.

b42f974b558f6cac68e44415dc0b5815.jpg

Back