• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

IX FQ-400? Disappointing for Top Gear to get this wrong, it was the VIII FQ-400 that had the vortex generator. The IX FQ-400 never actually existed either, the VIII FQ-400's replacement was the IX FQ-360.
I'm guessing they've updated it as I can only see them mention the VIII fq400?

Alonso picked up/got given his Brilliant Sporty Blue FK8 from Honda HQ today, so if you see a blue one....

It's a PR thing. Button had an fk2 last year , they use them for driving about at the British GP.

9ea31144af6b6144de7a46527976e8ba.jpg

07bd70cae4e14b2750905cfaadfb033c.jpg
a63506f99439fabe1b2763e4c37d6be0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
0-60 has always been a bit reserved imo on the latest cars. They claim 0-60 in 5.6 on the FK2. I have measured a 4.9 in my FK2 with 348bhp. Not sure how accurate the on board system is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure a video wiggling a photo around is massively needed :lol:

Does look good though, was hoping it would show other angles.

Went into my local dealership Saturday - apparently no dealer demo's until August. Honda embargo on it he said.

Now that the dust have settled, we are seeing more comparisons between FK2 and FK8. Below is an independent comparison. The reviwer says, at the end, that he, up now, preferes the FK2. I see no reason to trade my FK2 for FK8

[video=youtube;9ib5cw4zS50]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ib5cw4zS50[/video]

To save people time, that video is just another persons opinion. At no point are the cars driven back-to-back. Its basically a FK2 vs FK8 spec sheet comparison.

Agreed. Trade/don't trade based on your thoughts, not a video on YouTube!

For what it's worth, I'm pretty much set on getting an FK8, so will test drive one at the earliest opportunity. My main gripes with the FK2 were lack of excitement from engine and the noise on the motorway. Assuming these are now as fixed as reviewers claim, then it's probably time. And I'll always approach the car from the front or side :lol:

..... My main gripes with the FK2 were lack of excitement from engine and the noise on the motorway....

You may be disappointed. The engine and car is basically the same. I'm sure the new suspension with 'comfort' setting will help a ton with errr, comfort though.

I don't understand your motorway noise comment. Sure the FK2 has tyre roar and some turbo whistle, its not a quiet relaxing place to be but its not noisy. Again, i'm sure the FK8 will be much the same in this respect, but with squishier suspension.

Back