• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Is it worth paying all in one go, PCP @ 5.9% or HP at 7.9%? What are the best options?

Ouch! Cash is king, but you can get bank loans <3%... depends if you want an easy transaction, whether you want to keep it past the deal, etc!?

Thanks so much for that - really really helpful

On the VSC bit I was talking about the electronic stability protection - or is that tied in to the stop start?

Many thanks

You cannot turn the auto stop off on the FK2, not sure about the FK8. It only ever does it in the right conditions and often doesn't.

I cooked my brakes after a few laps of Silverstone and am booked in for braided lines, upgraded fluid and better pads. The Callipers have plenty of stopping power.

Don't know about residual value after 3 years. Impossible to say.

Speak to Phil Crafford at Dream Automotive for the pops and bangs remap. Although be aware you can kiss goodbye to your warranty. I have achieved pops and bangs with an Eventuri and Milltek Cat back. Again too early to know what options will be available for the FK8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Stop / Start can be switched off.
You can also kiss your warranty goodbye if you have a Eventuri fitted or exhaust from what i have been reading mate.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

You cannot turn the auto stop off on the FK2, not sure about the FK8. It only ever does it in the right conditions and often doesn't.

I cooked my brakes after a few laps of Silverstone and am booked in for braided lines, upgraded fluid and better pads. The Callipers have plenty of stopping power.

Don't know about residual value after 3 years. Impossible to say.

Speak to Phil Crafford at Dream Automotive for the pops and bangs remap. Although be aware you can kiss goodbye to your warranty. I have achieved pops and bangs with an Eventuri and Milltek Cat back. Again too early to know what options will be available for the FK8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Stop / Start can be switched off.
You can also kiss your warranty goodbye if you have a Eventuri fitted or exhaust from what i have been reading mate.

My local Honda dealer has said they are not bothered about mods as long as its not a map which was one of the considerations as it will be modded quite a bit for track days

The thing is that your local dealer dont have a say in it unless there willing to lie to HondaUK.

It's a fair point. Although I can't see anything I do in terms of mods would cause a problem attributable only to them, and thereby needing Honda to have to 'lie' about the mods.

They would have to prove that the mods lead to the warranty claim, and I just don't think they would be able to do that. I know it would be my risk to take but would be happy with that

There's been lengthy discussions about this on social media. People have been refused gearbox warranty claims due to the fitment of intakes and exhausts. Fit at your own peril.

Dealers getting warranty claims on their demo cars with less than 200 miles on clock refused. The yanks will be bringing lawsuits to Honda's door before you know it..

I have had lengthy discussions with the service team at Reading Honda who have assured me that as long as there are no actual engine modifications then I will be ok with the bolt on mods I have made. I will wait until my warranty is over until i go for the remap.

I have had lengthy discussions with the service team at Reading Honda who have assured me that as long as there are no actual engine modifications then I will be ok with the bolt on mods I have made. I will wait until my warranty is over until i go for the remap.

Is that them talking to Honda HQ? Because it won't be the dealership paying in the event of a claim.

But all a local dealership has to do is 'not declare' the mods when they file a warranty claim. Its not deception as I doubt the claim asks 'what type of modifications does the vehicle have'

I realise its a subjective choice to take the risk - but given we both seem to have spoken to our dealers I'm comfortable to mod mine within reason

Hubba hubba

20800091_1934486686840910_8654533494899650893_n_zpsdmfklywa.jpg

alright guys not long joined up, got a test drive booked in an fk8 on Sunday with the intention of buying one if all goes well, will be ordering in sonic grey and luckily this is the colour the dealer has in, drove an fk2 on release but something didn't click with me so never bought one, currently drive a leon cupra 290 black edition, which is a great car in fairness, apart from the ridiculous sound actuator which I disconnected about 2 days after getting the car, used to own an ep3 back in the kpro and RBC days, and always said I'd get back in a type R one day!
Motty

Back