• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Serial number is 6346 and ordered it 3 months ago.

I had to go back to the dealer today. Bonnet scoop is very bad colour match and 3 flat circle marks on the roof. A new bonnet scoop has been ordered and the dealer are speaking to Honda about the marks .
Now done a 130 miles and loving it.

Did you take any pics ?

The flat circle marks have been reported lots on the Civic X forum, apparently they are from the factory where paint defects have been flattened off and they have been missed being buffed out along the line. Your detailer will be able to correct them easily.

Chris.

Watch this if you have not made up your mind of getting a FK8..

[video=youtube;6J9ZdZvK68g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6J9ZdZvK68g[/video]

I've seen a red one where the paint was noticeably mottled along the doors, and a grey where the bumper and wing had distinctively different shades. Honda sort it out mate.

Seems the US got all the early serials, the UK demos never mind the retail ones are way above a thousand, shame.

Anyone know much about this ECU/daughter board and how compatible is it.
https://www.dream-automotive.com/collections/civic-fk8/products/syvecs-pnp-ecu
I'm pretty sure that would be a complete stand alone ecu so you could say goodbye to your warranty.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

We were told no official running in period but advised to take it easy for 600miles. 400 done in 2 days so nearly there...

We were told no official running in period but advised to take it easy for 600miles. 400 done in 2 days so nearly there...

I remember such a palaver back when I got my EP3 about running in periods. the manual stated 'no full throttle starts' which people seemed to translate to 'don't enter vtec for 600 miles' 'don't go above 5k' etc.. it's all crap.

the engines are run in at factory. just be progressive and basically just don't abuse the car and it's fine. use that rev range :)

if anything it's brake pads etc.. that require more bedding in than the engine would.

what i don't know, which i'll probably ask, is the initial service schedule. they always used to put different additives in the oil so you'd need it serviced after ~600 miles to swap it out. dunno if that's still the case. though i think that was higher abrasion to aid the bedding in process and if it's already bedded in maybe they don't do that anymore. but yeh.. the reason for asking the question :D

Service schedule is 12months or 12,500miles - no talk of an early first one.

450miles on ours now. I opened it up a little yesterday - feels like it has serious potential. Engine is lovely, no huge torque slug to unsettle the car like some modern turbos (certainly my experience of M135 and F11 330D), kicks at 4k and goes again at 6k, loves to rev and very un turbo like which i think will be great (my first vtec/honda car so this might not be new but is new to me). Early days but i'm very impressed at the moment.

sounds good!! What colour did you go for Ruxpin? I only ask as CW is the fastest due to the molecules in the paint being more slip streamy

Collection from Llandudno
2ym9d2t.jpg

At Brands Hatch on Saturday
14cxojl.jpg

Makes a great support vehicle...(wife was not very happy when I put the spare wheels in her 1 day 200mile old car....!!)
6sz43r.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
ha!!! That's freaking awesome, testing the boot space immediately!!

Love the number plate, love the colour - bet it got a shed load of attention!!!

People loved the colour - so much so, one chap is considering re-spraying his lotus in it! It is very flat in the shade but the pearl really comes out in the bright sun.

The car got a lot of attention. I parked it out of the way in the paddock but plenty of people were taking photos and asking about it. 95% liked the styling and said it was much better than expected (they were possibly being tactful??!!) Personally I think the wide low front looks ace, the back is a bit OTT and fussy but overall it's fine and better than some of the boring alternatives.

It looked very purposeful in the mirror following me on the way back from collection. The wife just complained the 340R got more attention!

I cancelled my order this morning , I'm going to wait out and see how people get on with them on initial release.. explained to the dealer that I've read issues from America regarding the rev matching , and also some paint issues in the uk. Dealer was fine with that and has processed a refund with my deposit.

Back