• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

What baffles me is the amount of reported issues so early on.
I understand it's the first batches and faults are usually detected in those but if it's followed the FK2 then I don't get it, the FK2 faults were near 0 from the get go

Well I am pleased I bought one. I've had over 20 new cars from most makes and nearly all have had some small paint issues.
Subaru were the worst by far. It's seems the paint issue with Honda is very easy to sort out.
I much prefer the fk8 over fk2, that might just my age ***

Just heard from a mate of mine who has rejected his new car.

Paint issues.

There are an awful lot of paint issues on the FK8's by the looks of things. I've seen one first had with blemishes all over the car. No way I would accept my brand new car like that. Not Acceptable. The marks by the spoiler look like rubbing though. Maybe straps in transit?

There are an awful lot of paint issues on the FK8's by the looks of things. I've seen one first had with blemishes all over the car. No way I would accept my brand new car like that. Not Acceptable. The marks by the spoiler look like rubbing though. Maybe straps in transit?

Blemishes in the paint that have been rubbed down, but not polished back out again. Nothing too serious but they have managed to get past a lot of people!

Can’t wait to pick mine up having a full venture shield on front with carbon fibre pack interior and exterior. Looks loverly in brilliant sporty blue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still waiting for mine and no contact from my dealer. But went for a sneak look today and think I saw my car parked near the back! Shame the dealership was closed when I went there, would have checked it!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Just visited honda and my car isn't due until the end of September! There was a red and black which arrived even though I ordered before them! Maybe pmm is popular or lower demand, seen due date for CW is October!

Last edited by a moderator:
Now done 700 miles and no problems :lol: I do love the lane control and adaptive cruise control. I can do 80mph and turn round and tell the kids off / smack at 5 mins a time (so much fun )

Cars back at the dealer today. Hopefully they'll get to the bottom of my Engine Management and Rev Match warning light issue. Honda want some photos and fiddling doing but they're fairly sure it's not the same issue as the cars in the US have been seeing.

On the plus side they've given me an FK2 to drive so now I know what all you FK2 fans are talking about.

Hope they get it sorted Mutleycom.
Honda are coming down this thursday to look at my paint. I sure ill get the normal bull shxt saying its fine, but this time im going to fight if needed even back the car at the first signs of messing about.

Just visited honda and my car isn't due until the end of September! There was a red and black which arrived even though I ordered before them! Maybe pmm is popular or lower demand, seen due date for CW is October!

I was in getting my test drive yesterday, dealer showed me the build list all colours were available, but pmm was only showing 7 left, he did say it was sitting at 37 earlier in the week. I was surprised at that as I thought that cw would have been more sought after. He did say that once the pmm were gone that it might then be a 4 month wait for one, I think it looks best in pmm which will be my choice so looks like it might be a long wait for some

Didn't have long in the FK2. It was very fast but I prefer the 8. Seating position is much lower in the 8 and it's just a much nicer feel inside. I don't know why everyone says the FK2 is stiff in +R mode as it's nothing compared to my Subaru Sti. Steering feel in the 8 is also much weightier than the 2 in +R mode and I prefer that too.

I forgot the FK2 didn't have Rev Matching and it's surprising how quickly you get used to something. Change down 4-3 in the FK8 and subsequent flooring is mental (30-90).

Cars booked in for Thursday to have the Turbo Activator Sensor replaced. Not sure if that's going to fix the issue but apparently Honda have to go through their steps!

I was in getting my test drive yesterday, dealer showed me the build list all colours were available, but pmm was only showing 7 left, he did say it was sitting at 37 earlier in the week. I was surprised at that as I thought that cw would have been more sought after. He did say that once the pmm were gone that it might then be a 4 month wait for one, I think it looks best in pmm which will be my choice so looks like it might be a long wait for some

30 orders for pmm in a week or maybe honda have restricted the numbers of pmm due to delays of the colour? Someone I know ordered a CW back in around April and got his car on 1st of September, one of the first!
Did you order one, if so what date have you been given?

Back