• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Quick Google, they dont like hard cornering and have known to come off, on the abarth forum one chap had his caught up around his suspension. Seems there's pros and cons
Low profiles and hard cornering maybe an issue

Any tips for bedding in the car? Picking mine up next weekend! What is the highest rev limit you can go to when bedding in the first 600miles?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Engine will be fine do as you please with it, just take it steady on the brakes for a while so they don't make a racket! It's 2017 not 1990, engines are fine from day one now days

Engine will be fine do as you please with it, just take it steady on the brakes for a while so they don't make a racket! It's 2017 not 1990, engines are fine from day one now days
Spot on. Add clutch to brakes to be careful with initially but just enjoy it.

Thanks for the bedding the car in advice. But after reading people’s alloy gators advice I’m a bit disappointed having them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Give them a go for a few hundred miles and do a quick check every now and then, if they look like they're popping out get rid.

It was about 50/50 on reviews, stretched low profiles on the fk8 might be a bit iffy

I like it :smt023, I would have gone for it as well

My only gripe is the purpose of this optional extra on a supposedly designed for a purpose car, Honda & a hint of porkies maybe

Any tips for bedding in the car? Picking mine up next weekend! What is the highest rev limit you can go to when bedding in the first 600miles?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

The US manual states:
During the first 600 miles (1,000 km) of operation, avoid sudden acceleration or full throttle operation so as not to damage the engine or powertrain

What does it state in the UK manual?

1000miles on our car now. I'm still very impressed.

Stand out pros:
Ride and composure on b-roads. It feels so sure footed at speed.
Brake feel. The pedal feel is brilliant. Other than the unassisted S1 Elise/340r the best I have experienced
Practicality
Traction and lack of torque steer.
The engines love of revs despite the turbo
Build quality - it feels very solid. Much better than expected. Yes some materials are cheap but it is a 'cheap' car.

Cons:
Still to be convinced by the exhaust/engine noise. It's quite boomy
Turbo lag. It isn't really an issue and doesn't distract from the driving experience but it is noticeable. I haven't driven competitors to compare so it might just be something you have to expect from modern cars.

Back