• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

I was 22 when I bought and insured my FK2 (now 23), I've got that and my MK1 Audi TT (225) insured on multi car for a little over £1K - to insure the civic on its own was £1400 for some reason?

Has anyone heard about End of October delivery dates ? I was told to expect end of October but my dealer has suddenly gone very quiet.......................

Bluewatershot.jpg

Gleemingfront.jpg

Gleemingrear.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone heard about End of October delivery dates ? I was told to expect end of October but my dealer has suddenly gone very quiet.......................

Lol. I was told although it was shown as November I should expect delivery end of September don't think that's gonna happen :evil:

Seemingly Honda are harking back to the older gentleman once again. Bravo. Brushing aside the more youthful market once again.

Is this actually true? When I went into my dealership and told them I wanted an FK2 the guy looked at me like I was out my depth and didn’t seem interested in trying to sell me the car.

He looked happy when I put down £6000 and signed the paperwork for it though. Really quite condescending.

Did you rock up in shorts and flip flops!? As soon as I win that darn lottery I will be hitting park lane dealers looking like Bob Geldoff....

I remember walking in to a Mercedes dealership once, not one approached me.
I walked around outside then went inside and had a browse, they stood there chatting and you could feel it in the air so I walked out.
Shame as I would have purchased that day

I bought a headlight assembly from Mazda to fix mums car earlier this year. The look on the chaps in the sales office face when I picked it up and paid for it were a picture. Looked like they thought I'd gone totally mad and was going to stab them all or something.

Assumptions are the mother of all fvck ups when you're in the business of selling things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To date Karl, how much do you reckon you've spent on cars and mods?

It was about £98k before I bought the Volvo, so probably in the region of £120k over the 16 years I've had a licence. Yet for three of those years I didn't own a car, so roughly £10k a year I guess. That's including servicing and repairs but not tax and insurance. Insurance has probably been an average of £1k a year for the 13 years I've owned a car.

What a cvnt.

Don't tell the wife.

It was about £98k before I bought the Volvo, so probably in the region of £120k over the 16 years I've had a licence. Yet for three of those years I didn't own a car, so roughly £10k a year I guess. That's including servicing and repairs but not tax and insurance. Insurance has probably been an average of £1k a year for the 13 years I've owned a car.

What a cvnt.

Don't tell the wife.

Proper legend!

Is it better or worse that that is only on five vehicles? (Volvo is only my fifth car in that time period). And one car was only owned for six hours. (Yes, hours!).

Back