• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

I also have some paint discoloration on the champ white paint in the rear arches and a few splashes on the wings behind the front wheels. turned it a brown colour. I think no/little clear coat was applied let alone Lifeshine, so when the road grime has been flicked up onto it, its become engrained in the paint. I tried tar remover but nowt.....If anyone has the same be good to hear from you. Photos to follow...

It's iron particles from the road, you need a fallout remover like iron x

Last edited by a moderator:
No gearbox or revmatch issues with ours at c1,300miles - no issues at all with the car. The brakes sometimes squeal with light application - they just need using properly!

Only 360 miles completed, no issues with mine.
I can't praise this car enough.
Best handling & fastest car I have ever driven, & I haven't pushed her limits yet. ;)

Thanks Dweezle, will give that a whirl

No probs with mine, apart from the paint but that's a small thing. I know loads of yanks have had the gear box issue (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWm0D-28AC8). Id like to think they had time to fix the niggles as it was released a few months later over here as they did a wiring loom fix for example, but time will tell...

My wheels squeak when in slow traffic. I also had oil warning light come on with the ever present tyre deflation warning light. This car isnt looking like one of my better buys....

I think the sympton get out is rubbish. Had Brenbos on my RS never a squeak from them....mines going in for squeaky brakes if they come with the accept it rubbish ill e mail Brembo !

keep the faith people!!!!

Its funny though....my ep3 felt bomb proof - this one feels a tad more delicate....I think its a sign of modern cars with more computing power than a space shuttle. More stuff to go wrong...

Just read the evo mag super test, Civic vs the RS vs the Cupra. Delighted to report and in the words of evo the civic 'walked it'

Renault megane RS and that pesky Hyundai N thing on the horizon though.....

Ordered my pmm today, illumination pack, service pack with dongle, mats and boot liner, full tank of petrol, due 1/3/18. Let the months roll in!!!!!

Ordered my pmm today, illumination pack, service pack with dongle, mats and boot liner, full tank of petrol, due 1/3/18. Let the months roll in!!!!!

Congrats!! Surprised it's gonna take that long though, demand must be high!!

Used a domestic magic sponge today on my contaminated paint in the arches with a dab of tar remover and bang, off it came after everything else I tried did nothing. Over the moon.

It has been discussed earlier. It includes a Tracker & can do some basic diagnostic stuff.
Free with the 5 year service plan. Awards points for how well driven.
I'm not scoring very well.

It has been discussed earlier. It includes a Tracker & can do some basic diagnostic stuff.
Free with the 5 year service plan. Awards points for how well driven.
I'm not scoring very well.

Can you exchange these points for cinema tickets or money off your big shop? :D

It also senses any after market product installed and imediately sends Honda ninjas to your abode....

Back