• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Yes, it'll be nice to not pay to MOT or Service the car! As for the trade in, as long as it covers a nice bit of deposit on the new car then that's fine isn't it :D

You'll never make money on a car, but I have managed to work my way up the ladder by buying cars that had already done the majority of their depreciation, paying off the loan to own them and then having a little more ready cash through selling for the next one and so on until a deposit for the FK8 was basically selling the Mugen.

Kinda makes sense...!

Made a couple of K on the RS, bought Elise at 8k sold for 11.5k so yes you can make money. How ever withe Elise after you take into account insurance, service etc no profit.

With a slightly different approach to the 'running in' process...:lol:

I was behind a fellow champ white one today by chance... Queuing in traffic...you could see people quadruple take - must have thought we were in convoy

I absolutely love it! Feels like a mini GTR - fantastic composed chassis, where as megane rs / focus rs pull speed from the road the civic just seems to pummel the road into submission

Very impressed ! 136 miles so far- very tempted not to follow my self imposed 500 miles run in!

I absolutely love it! Feels like a mini GTR - fantastic composed chassis, where as megane rs / focus rs pull speed from the road the civic just seems to pummel the road into submission

Very impressed ! 136 miles so far- very tempted not to follow my self imposed 500 miles run in!

Just go to Exeter and back one weekend, done deal!

Skip to 9 minutes if you don't want to watch it all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvtjnxpFRbU

Brake squeal is the specific vibration of a metal brake disc at it's resonant frequency. At this frequency the pad is exciting the brake disc into vibration at it's natural frquency. Just like you can get a wine glass to vibrate at it's resonant frequency by rubbing a wet finger on the rim. Brake squeal is actually very hard to get rid of if you get it.

Just go to Exeter and back one weekend, done deal!

250 miles down ;)

A few questions that other new owners might know the answer to

1. How do you get the ap to work that allows perimeter movement alert? I can't seem to register the chassis no
2. I don't see the point of the button low to your right that disables the lane assist - as you can do it on the steering wheel? Seems a bit superfluous?
3. Is it standard to have orange side bulbs? Presume its for cost saving for the US market but they look really out of place in the UK

Thanks

Mike

Oh and PS it's the most impressive car I've ever driven. Very happy

250 miles down ;)

A few questions that other new owners might know the answer to

1. How do you get the ap to work that allows perimeter movement alert? I can't seem to register the chassis no
2. I don't see the point of the button low to your right that disables the lane assist - as you can do it on the steering wheel? Seems a bit superfluous?
3. Is it standard to have orange side bulbs? Presume its for cost saving for the US market but they look really out of place in the UK

Thanks

Mike

Oh and PS it's the most impressive car I've ever driven. Very happy

Not a great help I am afraid as only know the answer to number 3 which is "yes". Americans really want our clear lenses and are ordering them from over here. Agree look weird, we are not an artic! Still to get my dongle fitted for number 1) and still working out the electronic aid gizmos for 2. Turned it off after spooking me a few times with the wheel shake

Was at Pistonheads meet at silverstone today, great to meet the couple in the week old fresh black one, number 8000 odd so pumping them out of Swindon! There was a PMM one there as well but didn't get to meet the owner.

Not a great help I am afraid as only know the answer to number 3 which is "yes". Americans really want our clear lenses and are ordering them from over here. Agree look weird, we are not an artic! Still to get my dongle fitted for number 1) and still working out the electronic aid gizmos for 2. Turned it off after spooking me a few times with the wheel shake

Was at Pistonheads meet at silverstone today, great to meet the couple in the week old fresh black one, number 8000 odd so pumping them out of Swindon! There was a PMM one there as well but didn't get to meet the owner.

I was offered the dongle but read the small print and decided not to bother.

Terms and Conditions can be found here:

http://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/...nda - Terms and Conditions 07MAR2017 - UK.pdf

Honda reserve the right to pass on your data to Law Enforcement if requested!!!! Not for me thank you!

Good spot. I was dubious when the salesman talked me through what it does and found their demo on the GPS. The driving rating on it was really low, i.e. was getting smashed.

I'm planning on just removing it when I 'm not using if for the perimeter feature / or monitoring when someone else is using the car

Where does it get fitted? Surely if it's that easy to remove it's pretty pointless as a security/antitheft feature!

I'm planning on just removing it when I 'm not using if for the perimeter feature / or monitoring when someone else is using the car

Just another one - in the manual it reference allowing the instrument display to not only show boost but brake pressure/throttle % - I can't seem to find how to do that?

Just another one - in the manual it reference allowing the instrument display to not only show boost but brake pressure/throttle % - I can't seem to find how to do that?

Press the "i" button on the steering wheel then use the left/right arrow keys on the wheel to cycle through the options. You'll eventually come to the Accelerator Position/Braking Pressure Meter option. Press Enter if thats the one you want to show on the dash.

Back