• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Jeez, that's a right mess. Hope no one was hurt but must be gutting. Hope you get it all sorted and CW sounds like a solid plan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nobody hurt (badly) but suffering effects of whiplash, not to mention losing a days holiday in Mauritius - was on our way to airport. Doubly Gutting

Jesus, that's some indent! Was the cayenne fitted with one of them old Wild West train front v shaped snow/cattle plough things!?

Glad everyone is ok, can't imagine how gutting that was....

But yeah get a white one now!!!

Main thing is that you’re ok.

Cars can be replaced people can’t.

Guess it’s the waiting game for you now.

Have a great holiday in the meantime.

Check buy back price. If it works in your favour, buy back and break.

Over in the states the amount of people doing up thier 'normal' civics to look like Type r's is massive

I hope that's not a Trend we start to see over here as that's when they are stolen to order like the focus rs mk2s....

Having said that I don't think the civic as a model has as big a young cult following over here, we'll certainly not the new ones

Over in the states the amount of people doing up thier 'normal' civics to look like Type r's is massive

I hope that's not a Trend we start to see over here as that's when they are stolen to order like the focus rs mk2s....

Having said that I don't think the civic as a model has as big a young cult following over here, we'll certainly not the new ones

Some of the body parts were factory option trim levels. A couple dealers in Ireland brought in diesel FK2's with TypeR body parts minus the wheels.

But the engine, gearbox, brakes, etc should fetch tidy money.

On the younger drivers front, I think the Golf R PCP deals attract a lot of younger drivers. I saw a rake of them in Liverpool and Manchester being driven by young drivers.

Of course you'll see normal civics kitted up to look like Rs, it's happened for years,
Type R kits in Ireland are notorious for replica kits, they're already selling fk2 body kits, the 8 will be available next year I reckon

Oh dear...Unfortunately I was rear ended by someone in a Cayenne who decided not to brake when everyone else did.
RIP red Type R. Your candle burned brightly, if shortly, Tempted to get a white one next;)

sorry to see this, hopefully the cayenne also got its comeuppance and off to the big scrap heap in the sky as well?

be interested to hear how easy/quick the 3rd party coughs up enough for your new replacement motor.

Some of the body parts were factory option trim levels. A couple dealers in Ireland brought in diesel FK2's with TypeR body parts minus the wheels.

On the younger drivers front, I think the Golf R PCP deals attract a lot of younger drivers. I saw a rake of them in Liverpool and Manchester being driven by young drivers.

yeah they are selling crate engines now aren't they - $6K

Are there many 8’s in IRL?

That Jag Project 8 has done a 7.21 ring time....

So we are a mere 22 seconds behind, blink and you will miss it, this 4wd 592 BHP supercharged £140K monster...... take that all day long!!!!!

Well, after had seen one CTR FK8 at Lisbon auto show last weeak, I decided to use the black friday discount offered by my dealer (8%) to trade my FK2 for one FK8 in Rally Red which was order by someone who gave up it. So, I received it last thursday and I am happy to post my early thoughts.

The FK8 is an amazing machine. However, I feel that it does'nt need my driving skills as much did the FK2. It does'nt engage me as much did the FK2. With my former FK2, I knew all the time where it was and what to do next to have fun.
I am retired so, I haver all the time needed to learn to have fun with such amazing car like my FK8. I din't notice any issue with my FK8 so far!:lol:

first long commute into work this morning from Saffron Walden to Reading. Apart from a initial slight issue finding a garage with super unleaded driving the CTR was an absolute dream this morning on what can be a pig of a commute along the M11/M25/M4.

Had the ACC and LKAS switched on for the motorway part of the 92 mile journey and happy to see the car returned a very nice 41mpg with the speed set at 75mph so I wasn't holding too many people up and giving people chance to admire the car (although I think most did wonder why I wasn't going Warp speed :lol:).

only question for fellow owners.... do you know how to reduce (not mute completely) the AndroidAuto Google Maps navigation....she is very LOUD by default. I've found where to reduce the navigation guidance with the onboard Garmin maps but not AA.

Also similarily how to adjust the weather from Fahrenheit (default) to Celsius. it doesn't seem configurable from the phone when attached to the car. and the AA menu system I couldn't find any settings access.

The ACC is a good feature, although I have the proximity sensor set to its closest otherwise it brakes the car too early for my liking. The LKAS is a pain in the arse so I have it turned a very definite OFF! :D
I'm surprised you had trouble finding a garage selling super unleaded....I've only seen smaller independent garages not stocking it. In any case it will do no harm at all to put in 95RON if required when there is nothing else available.
41mpg at a constant 75mph is impressive. I recently did a 110 mile round trip which included motorway, dual carriageway and about 8 miles of urban roads. Majority of journey was motorway where I had cruise control set to 65mph, and was super disciplined with throttle and brakes at all other times. My average for the journey was 40mpg.
I do wonder if the fuel computer is a little optimistic with this car because I am finding it slightly more economical than my previous Focus ST with 70 bhp less. I will do an accurate check sometime....

Back