• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

I guess I shouldn't be quite so anal about finding super every-time I fill up but I'm still in the new car honeymoon period :)

I think I'll too leave LKAS mostly switched off I just thought I'd see how good it would be in the steady flow of Motorway traffic. It certainly was a strange feeling to be able to take both feet of the pedals for the ACC and effectively take the hands off the wheel although I wasn't brave enough to fold my arms or getting in the back and take a nap :lol:

I guess that's why the car every so often flashes up the check for your hands are on or very close to the wheel. Not sure i want to find out what happens if you refuse to grab the wheel and provide no input to let the car know you are back in control. *eek*

I guess I shouldn't be quite so anal about finding super every-time I fill up but I'm still in the new car honeymoon period :)

I think I'll too leave LKAS mostly switched off I just thought I'd see how good it would be in the steady flow of Motorway traffic. It certainly was a strange feeling to be able to take both feet of the pedals for the ACC and effectively take the hands off the wheel although I wasn't brave enough to fold my arms or getting in the back and take a nap :lol:

I guess that's why the car every so often flashes up the check for your hands are on or very close to the wheel. Not sure i want to find out what happens if you refuse to grab the wheel and provide no input to let the car know you are back in control. *eek*

My colleague demonstrated this feature to me in a TTS, leaving hands off the wheel for an extended period resulted in an audible warning, followed by a louder audible warning a few seconds later and then his seat started to vibrate and the warning stayed on constantly. Presume it's something similar in most cars with this system.

Spotted one in the wild the other day near Alton , Hampshire. Anyone on here ?

It didn’t hang about ..

fa46ff9bcf540d0eb7d4b2b73b9152a4.jpg

My colleague demonstrated this feature to me in a TTS, leaving hands off the wheel for an extended period resulted in an audible warning, followed by a louder audible warning a few seconds later and then his seat started to vibrate and the warning stayed on constantly. Presume it's something similar in most cars with this system.

I’ve managed over 5 miles of ‘autonomous’ in a VW Arteon. ACC and Lane Assist all stayed active but the bleeping did get annoying.
Technology for it has been around for years. Manufacturers don’t want the blame for accidents so don’t fully implement it.
Tesla on the other hand embrace it... and get people killed.

What perplexes me about it, as much of an awesome feature it is, cutting out at <20mph or whenever it does seems a bit dangerous to me.

I've tested its braking a couple of times and it'll go from motorway speeds all the way down to 20 but below that suddenly the acc/braking system just stops braking and I have to take over.

Seems a little dangerous to me, surely it would be safer to allow the car to brake to a standstill?

I guess as lewis says though, they don't want to do that as it'll put the blame for any failures into the manufacturers hands not the driver. Apart from that whole 'not in control of the vehicle' thing of course.

I've tested its braking a couple of times and it'll go from motorway speeds all the way down to 20 but below that suddenly the acc/braking system just stops braking and I have to take over.

Seems a little dangerous to me, surely it would be safer to allow the car to brake to a standstill?

Probably wouldn’t be able to brake to standstill as you’d be in a gear. I would suspect that it will work for an auto box though

Anyone drove in the snow today? And how was it? Decided to leave mine in the garage for the today, but will have to drive it this weekend!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Anyone drove in the snow today? And how was it? Decided to leave mine in the garage for the today, but will have to drive it this weekend!
No snow here, but washed my car this afternoon and ice was starting to form on it when I was drying it off.
A wise decision to leave your car in the garage if you have that option.
I am not looking forward to the prospect of driving this car in the snow, but after tonight I am off work till the 8th of January so it can snow all it wants during this period....my car will be tucked up in the garage. :D

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Not sure this counts but I did have to move it about 5m just in case someone came through the hedge and hit it....The diff gave a good clunk but not much wheelspin

se4yux.jpg

14scxeo.jpg

2yuwpzs.jpg

z9v9s.jpg

It was a day for winter tyres:

2utoorm.jpg

2ahs6cy.jpg

some kids were using my rear wing to line up their freshly made snowballs ready for launch so nice to see its not only good for down force & ironing but has some winter applications too....

He repeated the same comments on Grand Tour last week
Yeah he wasn't keen on the NSX at all, particularly the off centre fuel gauge dial. :lol:
Excellent first episode of The Grand Tour I thought....glad to see it back. Beats new Top Gear any day of the week! Potentially highly controversial comment there. ;)

is anyone seeing uneven tyre wear on the front wheels with the inside edges wearing a lot quicker than the rest of the tyre. mileage on mine is 5.5k

I noticed this on mine today after swapping the front/rear wheels after Honda kindly gave me two brand new rear wheels and tyres. (I had negotiated a replacement due to the fact some animal during a demo had taken a chunk out off the rear nearside wheel and tyre).

just wondering if my tracking / geo is out or whether this is one of these Honda has setup it for the racetrack things. which would be bad as the front tyres if I hadn't swapped them on mine wouldn't have last much into 10k miles before going to down to the bands.

is anyone seeing uneven tyre wear on the front wheels with the inside edges wearing a lot quicker than the rest of the tyre. mileage on mine is 5.5k
That is definitely not normal and would indicate a problem somewhere.
Get it checked out quickly before the car ruins another 2 tyres.

Back