• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Service Manager said if I confirm the alignment is out they will raise a warranty request to HondaUK for 2 new tyres and cover the fact I had to pay myself £30 to get the alignment checked.
so what you think my chances of getting 2 new tyres and my £30 back? (holds breath)
Well we all know that tracking can be knocked out at any time and will usually be the fault of the driver, but if it is reasonable to assume you bought the car like this then I would say your chances are very good. :)
At least you have proved that there is a problem and the geometry is not set up correctly, because I was not comfortable at all with other people suggesting this type of abnormal wear is completely normal and I can expect to see it too.

Picked mine up end of October, number 8100, so 1000 produced a month is probably about right, seeing as majority are heading to the States it seems.
Yes it does seem right to me....I never thought for a moment the numbers were allocated at random as was suggested. They definitely seem to be rising with age.
I believe(but willing to be proved wrong) that there will be no UK customer cars with numbers below 3000, because the FK8 went on sale in North America at least 2 or 3 months before here.

My understanding is that it is random from a batch when fitted onto a car. The numbers ascend as the number of batches are produced.

so I did get it checked, but not by Honda, unbelievably local main stealer doesn't have an alignment machine that can do 20" rims. Service Manager was extremely embarrassed and admitted that they will likely have to pay to oursource alignment checks for Customers with FK8 20" on.

So I had to take it to my local who confirmed the alignment was out at the front. 3 degree on toe-in instead of the 2 degree, which doesn't sound a lot if you say it's only 1 degree out, but then sounds a lot worse when you think 50% extra toe than normal. I guess this is why my inside shoulders have worn a lot quicker than expected.

Service Manager said if I confirm the alignment is out they will raise a warranty request to HondaUK for 2 new tyres and cover the fact I had to pay myself £30 to get the alignment checked.

so what you think my chances of getting 2 new tyres and my £30 back? (holds breath)

You’ll get the cost of the alignment refunded if your dealer asks you to go and to a garage they recommend. In your case it would seem high because your service manager is seeking confirmation.

With regards to the tyres....that would more likely be at the dealers discretion. But that is just my opinion.

The numbers ascend as the number of batches are produced.
Yes that's the way it should be and the way I understood it to work.
They don't just think of a number and randomly assign it to a car, there has to be some kind of continuity in relation to build date.
Maybe this is what the original poster meant, but it certainly never came across that way. :lol:

so I did get it checked, but not by Honda, unbelievably local main stealer doesn't have an alignment machine that can do 20" rims. Service Manager was extremely embarrassed and admitted that they will likely have to pay to oursource alignment checks for Customers with FK8 20" on.

So I had to take it to my local who confirmed the alignment was out at the front. 3 degree on toe-in instead of the 2 degree, which doesn't sound a lot if you say it's only 1 degree out, but then sounds a lot worse when you think 50% extra toe than normal. I guess this is why my inside shoulders have worn a lot quicker than expected.

Could you post up the alignment settings used please?

Spotted another one in the wild today and the obligatory wave was exchanged from both , up near beggarwood / dummer if you’re on here , it was a sonic grey one

I have owned my car for almost 4 months but have never seen another one yet...
When I do I will give a wave. :smt039

Apart from at the dealership or my own car I have only spotted so far 4 x FK2's and 1 x FK8 which was a blue one around the corner from work about 10 days ago. They are a rare car but they have a price tag that will help keep them that way to be fair

Me and a fellow championship white but fk2 owner met on the M1 on Friday and had a nice 5 mile convoy in the fast line much to other drivers double taking'ness.....

Don't think it's the price tag that makes it rare, there are loads of focus RS after all...it's the marmite looks which keeps them nice and rare....

Saw my first FK8. Was going the opposite way on dual carriage way. Didn't look as mental as I thought it would.

Merry Xmas all!!!

I got the OEM type r fitted boot mat, snow foam lance and dodo juice diamond white wax..... and that's before breakfast...

Let's hope the dream automotive suede steering wheel got down the chimney...

My uncle is down from t'north with his 400 Bhp s3 and he absolutely loves the FK8 so far...roads are quiet going for a drive

Back