• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Awesome! I got mine last Friday, I ordered on 03/09/2017. How long have you been waiting?

20171215_230435-jpg.77748

20171215_185208-jpg.77750

Mine is 10428! Must be in order as we ordered same time.

Could you post up the alignment settings used please?

the service manager gave me a print out they use from the Honda Master Tech system. it runs to over 10 sides of A4 with pictures which I can scan but not sure where/how best to post here. so here's the settings typed up;

Front Caster 8 ˚ 00 ‘± 30’

Front Camber -1 ˚ 20 ‘± 30’ (max difference between the right and left side 0˚ 45 ’)
Rear Camber -1 ˚ 30 ‘± 45’ (max difference between the right and left side 0˚ 45 ’)

Front Toe 0 ± 2mm (0 ± 0.08in)
Rear Toe 2+2mm (-1mm) or 0.08in+0.08in (-0.04in) )

Turning Angle Inward 34 ˚ 59 ‘± 2˚’
Turning Angle Outward (reference) 29 ˚ 51 ‘± 1˚’

and re-reading my alignment report again I think I did a foo saying mine had too much toe-in, looking again it seems I had -3 of front camber (instead of the required -1) that was causing the excessive wear on the inside shoulders at the front. Service manager said too much toe-in would normally cause the outside edges to wear not the inside shoulders.

.....we're both now waiting to hear back from Honda on an potential remediation for me. (fingers/toes time!)

Last edited by a moderator:
See the FK8 was in the running for the ugliest rear end Nigel award on the grand tour :lol:
Thanks for reminding me episode 4 is out today....I completely forgot. :D
I've been on holiday for 3 weeks so far and don't know what day of the week it is. :lol:

Don’t believe Honda have an AWD system available without massive development and its weight counts against it. Honda has been quoted as saying hot hatches should have manual gearboxes because of driver involvement so can’t see the auto option been available either.

The only options left are probably a stripped out version and/or a ‘lux’ version.

Wouldn't surprise me of another short run, Mugens concept in 2 weeks, possible edition for the end of run?

That article seemed to be written by a 10 year old!

If you read the designers and engineers comments on developing the current FK8 I will bet my house that there won't be a 4wd or automatic version. They explained reasons not for both very clearly...(off to find the link)

A more hardcore version is very possible but think it depends on if the fwd lap time gets beaten and how sales are going. If the FK8 hasn't met expectations won't plough more money into a very niche car that potentially will sell worse. Alternatively if going well, want to reclaim lap time, get current owners to trade up and reingnite interest from new customers, sure. Loads of focus owners getting the limited new red and blue one with the lsd etc...

Don’t believe Honda have an AWD system available without massive development and its weight counts against it. Honda has been quoted as saying hot hatches should have manual gearboxes because of driver involvement so can’t see the auto option been available either.

The only options left are probably a stripped out version and/or a ‘lux’ version.
They also stated they didn't actually have a dsg/auto box available to them

Back