• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Say demo one more time, go on :lol:

Feck me, fecking sideways!!!! That's a really good fecking deal. I thought the finance on second hands were not as good as brand new. Wish I'd done that now and saved the 100 a month.. fair play mate.

I put the same at the FK2 and did my own finance with Halifax and got this at £193pm but I did get a better deal as then Honda was taking pre orders on the FK8 but having said that the FK2 had only done 193miles when I did the deal so was great value and just a shame how this worked out

Would recommend a soft bristle detailing brush for all the nooks and crannies.

I'm partly wishing I pcp'd mine as I'm paying around £560 a month on the loan, annoyed me even more last year onwards as I've really had enough of work but now the financial side has me by the balls

You sure this is just no on the edge of the inner lip of the light? I get it here and washes straight of with the pressure washer
It's not washing off anyway. :(
I remember when I had an 8G Civic and the the edges of the tail lights filled with soapy water which could be blasted out....but not in this case. :(

Insurance renewal came through (sky) at £485.

I have done a quick quote on the comparison sites and I’ve found i can get it at under £400.

Admiral coming in at £390 with £150 voluntary excess.

The reason I asked is because I'm sure a friend had no compulsory excess when he was with Admiral....and as far as I know they are(or were) the only company to offer this.
I never take a voluntary excess because for me it is false economy. For example a £200 voluntary usually only reduces my annual premium by around £10 - £20.
Compulsory excess is what matters, or if you like total excess.

Last edited by a moderator:
Insurance renewal came through (sky) at £485.

I have done a quick quote on the comparison sites and I’ve found i can get it at under £400.

Admiral coming in at £390 with £150 voluntary excess.

Admiral was the best for me too. Was only a few quid more than my previous DC5.

Was a bit gutted to leave greenlight as they've been unbeatable (as well as decent to talk to) over around 7-8 years but they couldn't insure a vehicle with a value > £20k

I did our insurance last week, last year I paid just under £500 for the CRV and CRZ fully comp 2 drivers full business use on both cars both drivers with standard courtesy car again for both, when I got the FK2 it cost around £17 to swap and then around £6 to swap to the FK8, Renewal come in at £670 so gave them a call and told them its simple either look at the figures or I will take it elsewhere as the jump is a hell of a lot more than inflation, less than 5 minutes later 2016 CRV EX and 2017 FK8 fully comp 2 drivers full business use on both cars both drivers with standard courtesy car again for both £565 which I was happy with so I paid in full policy starts on the 16th Feb

Washing my car today I noticed dirt has got into the wing marker lights. :(
Both sides are the same....this is very poor and should not be happening.....which proves they are not sealed units like they should be.

I have seen some dirt collecting behind one of mine. I'll investigate when I give the car a good clean at the weekend. I have noticed they dont sit tight to the body which is no doubt why. May look into some 3M foam tape to close the gap to the body.

Insurance renewal came through (sky) at 485.

I have done a quick quote on the comparison sites and I?ve found i can get it at under 400.

Admiral coming in at 390 with 150 voluntary excess.

I got my policy with Admiral at 300. I was really pleased with that. Tax is also only 140. FK2 was nearer 300

bl00dy hell are you all like 65 or something??!!! I am the wrong side of £700, 37 and live in a nice-ish area...Anyway....
Christ!

Mine is a bit over half that and I'm younger! (by loads yeh.. err 36)

Nothing out of the ordinary either, not garaged or anything though it is on a driveway.

I’m 34, live in a terraced house, it’s on the drive. 15 years no claims, protected with all the add ons. And I have 3 points which expired on Oct 17

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back